• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overseas help? How does this work?

3 posts in this topic

I live in Australia and there writers/artists and other celebs going to cons listed in this forum whose signature I would love scrawled on the front of my comic covers and then submitted to CGC.

My question is : Do companies here help with this if I cover all costs?

I see a couple of cons listed here and I've emailed a number of them and haven't received a reply, so I assumed that they didn't.

How does this work?

Welcome to the boards.  First off check out the FAQ here https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/ - then make sure you read the https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/267299-signature-series-noob-thread-read-here-before-starting-thread/

Now that you understand the basics, you don't need to contact companies or CGC or the cons. For what you want, you need to find a facilitator. A facilitator is someone who - for a small fee - will take your books to a convention, get them signed for you, and then submit them to CGC for you. Check these boards to find a reputable facilitator and contact them for more info. 

Hope this helps!

@Glenn Misztal There is also a thread called:

Appearances: Find Your Favorite Creators and Celebs Here

in the signature room.

Typically on the last page or second to last page, there is a list of the cons and known facilitators attending each con.

There are also lists for creators and celebs with the cons they’re attending.