• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists for future collectors?

30 posts in this topic

Hey patman,

It's funny, my first ever page of OA was also a page from Ultimate Spider-Man, off of EBay. 2 days later I got a Dan Jurgens cap page...

Now, I am just hoping everything works out, and hopefully this week I'll receive 2 covers, plus one regular page from Greg Land, and one panel page from Cary Nord...

The 2 Greg Land covers will definitely go up on my wall smile.gif

I must be the only one, but I think Jim Lee's art is way overrated, and I personally hated his run in Superman confused-smiley-013.gif

Did you hate Lee's work on Superman or did you hate the story itself? Personally, I just don't think Azzarello's style is a right fit for Superman, but this is what I think happened. DC wanted Lee to draw Superman and Lee wanted to work with Azzarello, so DC said to Azzarello, "Think up a Superman story so Jim can draw it."

Great suggestions, and I would have to add my vote for Todd McFarlane and Jim Lee who have already proven their collectibility. Right now, there's a McFarlane piece on eBay from one of his later issues of ASM and it's currently at over $1400. For the current batch of artists, I would have to echo John Cassaday and Alex Ross. Up-and-comers-wise, watch out for Gabriele Dell' Otto. He is an amazing talent, from his pencils to his paints.

I hated his Superman, period.

I still can't get over the way Lee draws his eyes... The red glowing eyes...

Silly, but I just can't get over it...

Although I do have to say, Jim Lee's definitely better at draing more dynamic, action filled pages, like in Hush, and this Superman story was pretty boring which didn't help either...

there's a thread 'round here somewhere that made me think of Mark Schultz, and having a page from Xenozoic Tales.

yeah. that would be suh-weet