• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange thread
5 5

246 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2023 at 2:24 PM, Dave Henson said:

A new addition.

97EFBA68-C5CB-4777-962F-73CE4E21DEC3.thumb.jpeg.a667e212f40a04656beca249b136aef1.jpeg

It’s been easier to find nice Strange Tales with great Doc covers than finding the last three I need to complete the Doctor Strange run. 172, 177, and 182 are just hiding from me!! 😂

That's quite a beauty you've got there!!! I as well have been having a tougher time finding the issues I'm missing in the grades I'm looking for. They're also getting quite a bit more expensive too!!

On 2/24/2023 at 1:31 AM, Frisco Larson said:

That's quite a beauty you've got there!!! I as well have been having a tougher time finding the issues I'm missing in the grades I'm looking for. They're also getting quite a bit more expensive too!!

Always felt these were under rated/valued. Also kind of felt ST was a flagship Marvel around this time. Some great Steranko artwork on Fury and the ever changing art rosta on the good Doc gave us some unique issues in the run 150 to 168. I like Marie Severin on Doc, she was fab!

On 2/25/2023 at 6:56 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Always felt these were under rated/valued. Also kind of felt ST was a flagship Marvel around this time. Some great Steranko artwork on Fury and the ever changing art rosta on the good Doc gave us some unique issues in the run 150 to 168. I like Marie Severin on Doc, she was fab!

We're fishing in the same pond!!! The Doctor Strange portion of Strange Tales is one of my favorite sort of "lesser appreciated" gems! Ditko has a GREAT run and then it gets handed off to Bill Everett for a number of issues before hitting Marie Severin's desk! The Nick Fury stories have always been entertaining enough, always solid stories and artwork (noticably different when Jim Steranko shows up), but it's the Doc stories and covers that have me seeking them out!!!  (thumbsu

On 2/25/2023 at 5:19 PM, Frisco Larson said:

We're fishing in the same pond!!! The Doctor Strange portion of Strange Tales is one of my favorite sort of "lesser appreciated" gems! Ditko has a GREAT run and then it gets handed off to Bill Everett for a number of issues before hitting Marie Severin's desk! The Nick Fury stories have always been entertaining enough, always solid stories and artwork (noticably different when Jim Steranko shows up), but it's the Doc stories and covers that have me seeking them out!!!  (thumbsu

I always have to remind myself the Steranko stuff is in those books too. Most of my notes slipped in with the books are about the artwork on Doc Strange. Notes in all the books I like best.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:10 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I always have to remind myself the Steranko stuff is in those books too. Most of my notes slipped in with the books are about the artwork on Doc Strange. Notes in all the books I like best.

It felt like a really forgotten title up until about a year or two ago. I wish I'd have bought more high-grade issues back then!!! I bought some for sure, but I could've bought more but didn't think there was a need for speed. Bet the wrong horse on THAT one!!! :deadhorse:  lol