• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange thread
6 6

246 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Doc in a box on a Mexican Edition.

My Mexican Strange Tales 131 front .jpg

On 10/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Doc in a rectangle on a Mexican Edition.

My Mexican Strange Tales 132 front.jpg

Did they change Dr. Strange's Spanish name?  First he's "Dr. Centella" (Dr. Spark) and then he's "Dr. Infierno" (Dr. Hell) -- which of those names stuck?

8 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Did they change Dr. Strange's Spanish name?  First he's "Dr. Centella" (Dr. Spark) and then he's "Dr. Infierno" (Dr. Hell) -- which of those names stuck?

Excellent point! I'm not certain WHAT was going on right there! Perhaps we can discover which they used the most. Interesting …. hm

On 8/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I'm actually VERY happy about that! I still need some high grade certified and some nice condition raw issues. I DO believe it's gonna happen though. They're already SOME of the best deals out there in Silver Age. With only 15 Silver Age issues in the Doctor Strange run and not a large amount of his covers in Strange Tales, it's one of the easier sets to complete. 

yeah, but that is one damn FINE collection of very high grades you've assembled!!!  quite impressed.

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

I've always loved that photomontage cover of Eternity looming over Manhattan.  Your copy is really sweet!

DrS180cgc.thumb.jpg.6eba0621e30f65ad448fb53917797d1d.jpg

Thank you! I agree and dig this cover quite a bit too. They got a bit more experimental at the end of the sixties with different techniques. Steranko did quite a bit as well.

Btw, your Rocky Mountain copy is sweet!!!