• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Merry Marvel Marching Society (MMMS)
2 2

113 posts in this topic

Oh, I almost forgot about this recent addition to my collection, a pedigree copy that highlights much richer colors and shows the MMMS box with blue background closer to it's printed color. It's kind of strange …. but while the American copies all have orange MMMS boxes, the Mexican publications only used orange on the boxes they chose to NOT feature the MMMS plug!!! Weird …. maybe time will bring more copies to light. 

Tales to Astonish 67 Mexican Edition Fantucchio 8.0 w.jpg

Ivrimark, I've been wondering this for years. Decades. Did I make it into one of the "25 MMMS members" lists? In 1965 I'd lie awake thinking about this. Tell me, I can take it. Jim Erskine, Bowling Green KY

PS. Sold all comics worth anything long ago. All I have left now are sentimental tattered remains.

Edited by Jim E3

On 8/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, Jim E3 said:

Ivrimark, I've been wondering this for years. Decades. Did I make it into one of the "25 MMMS members" lists? In 1965 I'd lie awake thinking about this. Tell me, I can take it. Jim Erskine, Bowling Green KY

PS. Sold all comics worth anything long ago. All I have left now are sentimental tattered remains.

As I PM'ed, poor Jim E3 is not immortalized on the hallowed pages. But at least you can sleep better at night, I hope.

As was established on the first page of this thread, getting your name published was very hit or miss.  Mostly miss, from the queries I've gotten.  The hits include guys who are in six or seven different issues!  (shrug)

On 6/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, Frisco Larson said:

As I posted on the first page, these are the colors used in the La Prensa MMMS boxes. 

mmms blue.jpg

mmms green.jpg

mmms pink.jpg

And thanks, Frisco, for expanding on your October 2019 post here to include the cool covers!  How do you say "Make Mine Marvel!" in Spanish? :bigsmile: