• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Merry Marvel Marching Society (MMMS)
2 2

122 posts in this topic

Sorry it took so long to reply, Bill, since I haven't checked in on this thread for a while.  I'm often discouraged by how many names I'm asked to look up that did NOT get published.  Alas, yours didn't appear either, Bill, and we're now at 7 hits out of 23 requests since I finished this and posted it nearly three years ago.  :sorry:

Since I've catalogued 11,000+ names, does that mean there were over 40,000 MMMS members?  Can that be right? (shrug) 

Anyway, I'm happy to check these things out, and to bump the thread!  PM me, boardies, if you have a similar request.

On 3/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Here it is!

image.thumb.png.023d82216f83a02505202f9468790861.png

Wow, Thanks so much.  I have a ton of Marvel Comic Books from the 1960s that i saved as a kid, but never collected Two Gun kid, so I never did find my name.  Thank you again.  I am going to include this on a video on my YouTube channel.  Joe

On 4/3/2023 at 6:58 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Marvel Stickers sheet 1967.JPG

Marvel Stickers wrappers 1967.JPG

Cool Marvel merch, BlueChip.  Now, if someone wants to cite the original comic that each of these images was taken from, they're even a bigger comic nerd than I am! :whatthe:

On 4/6/2023 at 4:20 PM, ivrimark said:

Cool Marvel merch, BlueChip.  Now, if someone wants to cite the original comic that each of these images was taken from, they're even a bigger comic nerd than I am! :whatthe:

One of the Thor ones is clearly from the cover of JIM #89, and another looks like it's from #104.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa70ac1183a61fdde81d156e70b955a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b11a88b75322207d124ba9d536ac6907.jpeg

On 4/7/2023 at 6:20 AM, ivrimark said:

There was a set released in Australia in the 70's, and this was in fact the best sticker set I've ever seen. It featured all the heroes and villains in classic poses against a white background, with only the character's name in black text.

What made the set a standout was the beautiful printing and colour - I remember Iron Man and Hawkeye looked amazing.

On 4/11/2024 at 1:14 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

Anyone ever seen these? They were offered in Marvel Comics in 1966-67. I still need the Hang Loose button as there were 5 of them.

IMG_8551.jpeg

Very jealous. Never seen anything other than a picture (but I am in UK). These are genuinely scarce and usually sell for several hundred dollars each. Produced by the Super Heroes Club (who also did some Marvel posters) they were advertised as Batty Bullpen Booster Buttons. As you say there is a fifth “Hang Loose” button. 

On 8/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, Garystar said:

Here's scan of the two MMMS membership cards I have - first and second sets. Dale Meyler (from Texas, I have the mailing envelope) and Greg McAninch being the original members. 

img026.jpg

img027.jpg

That is a superb piece of writing on the membership form! I'd be proud of having written those lines. Stan Lee was a genius when it came to connecting with kids. The only comparable people were the ones working at Topps.

(thumbsu

Edited by Hepcat

Hello!

I picked this FF41 double-cover up off the boards this morning and am VERY curious to know if anybody here has any ideas about the custom MMMS name stamp that appears on the cover with the member's name, as appears here for "Willie"? (of the Willie Cosey variety; not the Willie Lumpkin variety)

Thanks in advance for any help!