• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MS. MARVEL Kamela Khan series (TBD)
2 2

197 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, I watched to the end.  Not my cup of tea, but I thought her powers were like stretching and stuff?  That is what she does in the Lego games (only place I know her from).

A vastly inferior version of Mr. Fantastic, kinda.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

A vastly inferior version of Mr. Fantastic, kinda.

I guess they decided to change them whole-cloth then.  She is amped up on energy constructs (A'la Green Lantern), from what I can tell.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, media_junkie said:

I guess they decided to change them whole-cloth then.  She is amped up on energy constructs (A'la Green Lantern), from what I can tell.

If their plan was to make an improved Green Lantern for Marvel, then I think they have probably failed.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If their plan was to make an improved Green Lantern for Marvel, then I think they have probably failed.

It seems more like their version of Stargirl.

I would give my opinion, but to be fair, I'm not the target audience.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

There's plenty of bad movies/shows that are geared towards kids.

I still have a childish sense of humor, and adventure. This doesn't evoke that.

It doesn't for me either, but I imagine if I had a pre-teen daughter, it might for her.

I liked it.  Put a smile on my face.  I like the "comic book" additions at the beginning (reminds me of Into The Spiderverse).  The song was great.  It's definitely focused on a specific demographic of pre-teen females.  But I'm not gonna pass up the first few episodes to see what it's all about.

***Adds some variety/options to D+

On 3/15/2022 at 4:23 PM, alexgross.com said:

it's obviously aimed directly at 14 year old young women. whether or not it will succeed with that audience, i don't know. but it's not meant for most of us here. 

I think this point gets dismissed too quickly at times. Like when the announcement came out for DC League of Super-Pets, some were saying "WHY?"

But if you are going to reach every member of an audience, it takes varying content. Not just a steady PG-13 mold of the same approach.

With that, that trailer didn't do anything for me because I am not the audience.

I'm disappointed that it is not made for me, as I was with Stargirl But that's okay in the grand scheme of things, I never struggle to find things to watch. It looks fine for what it is though, she did get the big hand there quickly.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, I watched to the end.  Not my cup of tea, but I thought her powers were like stretching and stuff?  That is what she does in the Lego games (only place I know her from).

she was an inhuman but it seems since the Inhumans Stunk up the Joint TV wise she finds Quasars Bracelets and has new powers

Whether or not you think you're the intended audience of this show, I would encourage you to give it a try.  I've watched shows like "Never Have I Ever" with my wife and (19-year-old) daughter and enjoyed them quite a bit.

You can never tell from just the trailer, but there's at least a chance that Ms. Marvel is a major hit.

Well all Disney shows are targeted to kids/teens. This just looks horrible. All the other Marvel/Star Wars shows have certain level of quality. This looks cheap. 
The idea of a trailer is to advertise the show so it will show something that the creators were proud of. I don't see anything like that on this trailer. 
Just cheap looking show with Weekend music playing on background. I would say there is really big chance that this show will be a total flop.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, godzilla43 said:

Trailer

yeah, after Obi-Wan I will cancel my subscription till I dunno Armor Wars?!?

Now the good thing is there was already a long-standing thread on this topic with discussions on the topic.

Oddly enough, the search function was working today. So it came right up.

:cheers: