• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MS. MARVEL Kamela Khan series (TBD)
2 2

197 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2022 at 9:55 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'll settle the debate for everything...

- Right side of a Twix taste better than the left

- Ford trucks over Chevy

- Pepsi over Coke

- Alyssa Milano over Jessica Alba

- PS4 over the X-Box

- CGC over PGX (I tossed a coin on this one)

***And the non debate...Transformers over GoBots

giphy.gif

I went into it thinking it was going to suck, it really was unique and refreshing. I hate the power change but they used one power in the first episode that marvel previously said was gone. I don't like the power coming from a bracelet but this does have a chance to be really cool. I get the feeling we are watching the future "comic books" as episodes.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 5/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, Point Five said:

...if he doesn't consider it cringe.

Magic 8 Ball Horror Movie in the Works at Blumhouse | Den of Geek

My son asked me unsolicited when we are going to watch this. Win.  :banana: 

On 6/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

This was bad.  Felt like an afternoon school special.  Maybe that's what they are going for but my daughter didn't like it and she is in the age they are marketing it to.  Effects also looked cheap and silly.

Completely disagree. I thought it was fresh and my teenage daughter friends enjoyed it. 

I like the background imagery and was pleasantly surprised. It will have a Bend it like Beckham
back story with her parents. 

This could have been much worse. The change in her powers for the show was the right thing to do
as well.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I was pleasantly surprised...it's a light hearted fun show..we will see if it gets dark and complicated for Kamela or if they keep it simple

I agree I thought they made a very good casting choice. Haters will struggle to put holes in this first episode they did a nice job.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:01 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Finally watched the first episode and it is by far the better of the MCU episodic shows - a much better new character introduction than Moon Knight was. Loved the care that went into the stylization of the shots, even the incorporation of SMS into the environment. Much better pacing as well, so felt refreshing. No more or less 'for kids' than any of the Spider-Man or Ant-Man movies - so tone fits with the rest of the MCU still regardless of stylistic choices (if anything it bridges the gap between MCU style and Sony Spiderverse style) 

Not sure why people were confused on how she knew about Thanos and the events of the battle, as it was mentioned she learned most of it from Scott Lang's podcast after it was all said and done - and of all characters I'm sure he would be the one to happily go all fanboy while spilling the beans about every single last detail of what happened.

I agree great points. It shows can you make a show relevant from nothing. I think they have a winner here
if they continue like 1st episode.

I already like much better then Moon Knight.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:45 AM, fastballspecial said:

I agree I thought they made a very good casting choice. Haters will struggle to put holes in this first episode they did a nice job.

Who are the 'haters'?

On 6/11/2022 at 6:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

Who are the 'haters'?

I think in this specific case it seems that based on IMDB ratings/age groupings it's Males ages 30-44 and Males 45+ :D 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/06/09/ms-marvel-review-bombed-into-being-the-mcus-lowest-scoring-show-on-imdb/?utm_campaign=forbes&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=Valerie&sh=381f4e5f5879

On 6/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Ugh!

Nothing can be lower than Falcon and the Winter Soldier

:fear:

It's refreshing for Hollywood to write a pious character as wise & well-adjusted, as we see with the brother. That it's an Islamic family rather than say, Jewish or Catholic, is even more uncommon. I usually don't judge this stuff according to its social dimension but these features standout as distinct positives for me.  

On 6/11/2022 at 10:29 AM, fastballspecial said:

Oh fb users have hated on this book for years. They scream wokeness all the time and have done so about this tv show repeatedly. 

It really is ignorant not to want to allow other races and genders into your hobby. All because THEIR version of a given comic book universe is decades old, so heavily Caucasian-based.

The hobby will never grow with legacy gatekeepers attempting to block the way.