MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,664 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

 

Here is the thing though that all the fanboys crying over butthurt will never be able to grasp let alone embrace. 

As long as Tom Holland is playing Spider-man, your average movie goer will consider it part of the MCU.  No matter what happens they have to address the ending of Far From Home.  MJ knows Peter's secret identity.  Spider-man is labeled a criminal and a murderer. Those plot lines will most likely be resolved unless they want to reboot the character completely ... yet again...

So... just because there are no MCU characters lent to Spider-man 3, it picks up from the MCU storyline.  Your average movie goer will just walk out of Spider-man wondering why there was no appearances from one of the Phase 4 characters. 

This is why I said what I did here and on FB, that it is smart financial move from Sony.  With that said, I would like to see Spider-man interact with Wolverine and especially Johnny Storm at some point.  But, I can understand and appreciate the current situation. 

Edited by Buzzetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

As long as Tom Holland is playing Spider-man,

I believe he is under contract for one more movie (I heard maybe 2 also).  Holland can really put Sony over the barrel when signing a new contract :roflmao:.

Edited by Xenosmilus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I believe he is under contract for one more movie (I heard maybe 2 also).  Holland can really put Sony over the barrel when signing a new contract :roflmao:.

To @Bosco685 as well,

You know what would be the ultimate "Disney" move? 

  • Disney has the TV rights to Spider-man.  Whether that is live action and animated or just animated is up to anyone's interpretation.  Either way, when Holland's contract is up, pay him movie money to voice or star in the Disney+ series creating a separate branch right then and there lol
  • In Avengers 5 when they are putting a team together, Black Knight asks "Do we have anyone else?"  Thor says, "What about that kid from what you call, 'Queens."?  Falcon simply says, "He's not with us anymore."
  • Disney buys Sony... which is actually possible one day. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

To @Bosco685 as well,

You know what would be the ultimate "Disney" move? 

  • Disney has the TV rights to Spider-man.  Whether that is live action and animated or just animated is up to anyone's interpretation.  Either way, when Holland's contract is up, pay him movie money to voice or star in the Disney+ series creating a separate branch right then and there lol
  • In Avengers 5 when they are putting a team together, Black Knight asks "Do we have anyone else?"  Thor says, "What about that kid from what you call, 'Queens."?  Falcon simply says, "He's not with us anymore."
  • Disney buys Sony... which is actually possible one day. 

They announced Season Three to Spider-Man XD.

MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN on Disney XD

Bullet 2 could utilize the power of Deadpool to help break the fourth wall in delivering a line about this in the best way possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They announced Season Three to Spider-Man XD.

MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN on Disney XD

Bullet 2 could utilize the power of Deadpool to help break the fourth wall in delivering a line about this in the best way possible.

Didn't think of that... I could easily see Deadpool talking about it as he is on his way to fight whoever... wow.  lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

@Buzzetta and @Bosco685 Let's just all agree that there are no cringe worthy dance scenes with Holland like we saw in Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four :facepalm:

As long as we don't have some cringe-worthy scene with an old and ready-to-retire superhero attempts to mentor Peter while hitting on Aunt May. :insane:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

All that and really only one hero I care about. With only one hero who has multi-“re-skined” clones of himself I’m just not looking forward too it. One great hero among a lot of great villains that will go to waste. I’m almost certain in the long run Sony will screw this up and people will be burned out by Spider-Man. The great thing about the MCU is I don’t feel burned out by any of the characters.

Well said.

I have no idea how anybody can have any confidence in Sony with their track record with this character.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

Well said.

I have no idea how anybody can have any confidence in Sony with their track record with this character.

Probably folks that see things different than those that don't. Does that make them horrible compared to you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

As long as we don't have some cringe-worthy scene with an old and ready-to-retire superhero attempts to mentor Peter while hitting on Aunt May. :insane:

I thought that seen was actually pretty cool lol ... Besides it doesn't matter anyway... Happy Hogan and she are currently trying to figure it out. 

I actually thought that de-aging Aunt May was a great idea.  One of the most tired Spider-man tropes is the old aunt always near death... It got so tiring that fans were calling for her to finally let go at ASM 400 and when we knew they were going to use her 'healing' as the trade off for the marriage. 

One of the things I have enjoyed in the modern ASM books is that they have made her 'younger' in a sense.  May is no longer a frail old woman.  She is a bit feisty and doing her thing.   Short of de-aging her physically I think that was a welcome compromise to breathe some life into what became a stale character. 

Besides, as a fan of My Cousin Vinny...  I love love love love... that Peter's aunt from Queens is Marisa Tomei. That's gold Jerry... gold !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

Well said.

I have no idea how anybody can have any confidence in Sony with their track record with this character.

 

I have confidence that the movie will make money.  They don't need to cater to the die hards... (I include myself in that). They need to make money. 

Tom Holland Spider-man will draw the marvel crowd to a Sony Only Based Spider-man movie.  I will watch it because it continues the Marvel/Sony Spider-man.

Now... if they recast Spider-man then I no longer have to really follow the character... I have no INVESTMENT in that telling of the character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Besides, as a fan of My Cousin Vinny...  I love love love love... that Peter's aunt from Queens is Marisa Tomei. That's gold Jerry... gold !

:roflmao:

I always appreciated her since that movie. Heck, Vinnie is half my relatives across NY and NJ. :insane:

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought that seen was actually pretty cool lol ... Besides it doesn't matter anyway... Happy Hogan and she are currently trying to figure it out. 

I actually thought that de-aging Aunt May was a great idea.  One of the most tired Spider-man tropes is the old aunt always near death... It got so tiring that fans were calling for her to finally let go at ASM 400 and when we knew they were going to use her 'healing' as the trade off for the marriage. 

One of the things I have enjoyed in the modern ASM books is that they have made her 'younger' in a sense.  May is no longer a frail old woman.  She is a bit feisty and doing her thing.   Short of de-aging her physically I think that was a welcome compromise to breathe some life into what became a stale character. 

Aunt May in the early films was one of the strengths of the franchise, in that her love and care always helped level out Peter at his most tense moments. That seasoned outlook on life, and knowing what to say.

Although a somewhat younger Aunt May isn't a bad thing. But no reason to miss out on the benefits she brought for years. And which even Into The Spider-Verse retained, though making her a little more of a firecracker. Which was perfect for the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have confidence that the movie will make money. 

I agree. When I mentioned in my past post that I have no confidence in Sony I meant that I don't think it will be good not that it won't make good money.  I really wanted to like Venom and it made good money but I didn't think it was all that good (I thought it was a meh).

Edited by Xenosmilus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

"I like the stealth suit," Holland said. "For one very selfish reason: I can go to the bathroom in it. It’s the only suit I can go and use the bathroom. Unzip it, I love it. The Bosco suit — firstly, I don’t know why we called Far From Home Bosco. I don’t know why that’s the secret name, and now the suit is actually called the “Bosco suit,” I don’t know why. I’ve asked them so many times, ‘Can I have a zipper? It’s such a pain to take it on and off to go to the bathroom,’ and they’re like, ‘No.’"

Seifeld wins again! :roflmao:

emotion01.gif.5b1d9404d1ad6db80821569482598095.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7