• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, Mystafo said:

Dis what I was sayin!

See people think it could be Franco but Franco to my knowledge only flew around on that weird surfboard type glider. Plus he never had a hood. Now could Marvel change this because that previous design was silly? Sure.

I also doubt it is the Dehaan Green Goblin from the Garfield Spideys…a terrible character and adaptation and part of why that universe was ruined, for me anyways.

No I think we are actually looking at Ned who, perhaps after the Green Goblin has been sent back to whatever universe (or capture) dons his own costume to try and help continue to round up villains because he is sick of just being plain old New. This leads to tension and issues with Peter and perhaps Neds eventual transition into Hobby, in which he could play a role as villain and team up with Kingpin and cause all sorts of trouble for Parker in future flicks.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:15 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Dehaan Green Goblin from the Garfield Spideys…a terrible character and adaptation and part of why that universe was ruined

Completely agree with you here.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:15 AM, comicginger1789 said:

because he is sick of just being plain old New

Yea, I hate when this happens too!

On 11/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, Buzzetta said:

3F565A10-2083-44BF-8224-1B1ED01E7780.jpeg

I mean, so far the trailer has confirmed all expectations so far. Villains from the past movies? Check. Alternate Spideys popping in? Most likely check. Setting up future villain Ned Leeds? Check in my eyes.

I don't see the need or want for more than this. Maybe there is another repercussion from this film that Strange deals with in his own flick. That's not asking too much is it?

EDIT: Nevermind this poster is accurate. I also think a death will occur in this film (Happy????? Aunt May??????)

Edited by comicginger1789

On 11/18/2021 at 1:45 PM, comicginger1789 said:

In adding that I think someone dies, the trailer seems to suggest MJ which I think is a farce. I think they are simply paying homage to the classic moment but do not intend to kill MJ. If they do, I will view that as a poor choice for the franchise. 

Yeah MJ ain't going to die, it just feels like a fake out. At this point I would sooner expect her to armour up and join in the fight rather than be subject to an unoriginal call-back death.

I feel as if Strange reveals that in all of the other dimensions that all Spider-villains die and that those timelines must be preserved.  Peter doesn't want people to die because, (as we saw in the comics) "nobody dies".  

Strange fights Peter to preserve the timelines and while Doc Ock might actually team up and help Peter as Peter continues to look for a mentor in his life with the absence of Stark, this comes back to haunt Peter somehow and the Goblin strikes. 

On 11/18/2021 at 2:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I feel as if Strange reveals that in all of the other dimensions that all Spider-villains die and that those timelines must be preserved.  Peter doesn't want people to die because, (as we saw in the comics) "nobody dies".  

Strange fights Peter to preserve the timelines and while Doc Ock might actually team up and help Peter as Peter continues to look for a mentor in his life with the absence of Stark, this comes back to haunt Peter somehow and the Goblin strikes. 

I like it. 

This movie might have too much but in the best way. I hope anyways. Or it could just be too much but the fan service will make us fat and happy so we will love it regardless. 

On 11/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

That would be a cool, but I think you give these writers way too much credit.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, comicginger1789 said:

In adding that I think someone dies, the trailer seems to suggest MJ which I think is a farce. I think they are simply paying homage to the classic moment but do not intend to kill MJ. If they do, I will view that as a poor choice for the franchise. 

This "scene" is getting up there with killing Uncle Ben.  Plus which I think Zendaya is a box office draw for the younger crowd, so she's probably not going to be written out.  Hopefully this movie will introduce Gwen into the TH series as the tension/interplay between MJ and Gwen was one of the Silver Age drivers.

Edited by MattTheDuck