• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

So.... up to this point, I've been fine (other than feeling badly for Andrew Garfield, who seems like such a genuinely nice person being put through the ringer of denial because he's had to promote two movies during this hype) with Sony/Marvel deciding to keep Tobey/Andrew out of all promotions.

But lately I've had this very practical thought:  Assuming that both former Spider-Men play at least somewhat prominent roles in this movie... if they're kept hidden, does that mean they are NOT invited to the premiere of the movie? They don't participate in the interviews the week before, etc? Seems like a colossal waste of an opportunity ... just to protect the worst kept secret in film history, no?

I mean, I know that there are fans of the MCU who see every movie and spend zero time scouring the internet for spoilers, or on message boards, etc... who maybe are blissfully unaware of the rumors... but is THAT who you cater to and keep two big stars of the movie away from the opening?

I can't imagine this will be the case.  Which is why with all this "Spider-Monday" talk about tickets going on sale next week, I wouldn't be shocked if we get a new trailer we didn't get last week... one where we do see a shot of them... and then we're off to the races.

Maybe this is all just a tryptophan-based delusion and I'm not thinking straight...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Over under on this making 1 billion WW?  I would have said yes just 1 week ago, but now more lockdowns and people freaking out again, I am not sure. Thinking it gets $800 to $900 million.  Will be no worse than the number 2 movie WW this year (yes that is taking Chinese only movies as legitimate). It will have the largest opening weekend domestic, and should easily clear the $100 million opening.

Edited by drotto