• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

If NWH fails to set-up future movies [advancing the greater MCU], particularly by introducing major new big bads, by stashing all about the film dozens of easter eggs [that actually payoff one day very very soon], & by inserting consequential mid- & end-credit scenes, and focuses instead on telling the story before us, then I'm OUT!  

On 12/14/2021 at 1:02 PM, TupennyConan said:

If NWH fails to set-up future movies [advancing the greater MCU], particularly by introducing major new big bads, by stashing all about the film dozens of easter eggs [that actually payoff one day very very soon], & by inserting consequential mid- & end-credit scenes, and focuses instead on telling the story before us, then I'm OUT!  

Bye Felicia GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 12/14/2021 at 4:01 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

As long as it doesn't mimic the first Spider-Man 3 and give us a dance number, I'll be happy 

Was watching the Raimi series with my 10 year old daughter. Once we got to that part in Spider-man 3, she had no background on the general feeling towards it, but asked me to fast forward. :grin:

On 12/14/2021 at 3:54 PM, paperheart said:

as the reviews roll in, i stop and wonder: how did they bungle Eternals so badly?

they tried to be something they're not: artsy 

On 12/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, paperheart said:

as the reviews roll in, i stop and wonder: how did they bungle Eternals so badly?

I think that's a matter of conjecture.  I like that they tried something different. 2c

On 12/14/2021 at 3:54 PM, paperheart said:

On 12/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, TupennyConan said:

they tried to be something they're not: artsy 

Unfortunately that is what happens when everything you put out critics and hardcore fans shout "THE BEST MARVEL MOVIE EVER!" So after a while you probably assume anything you produce will get more of the same responses.

Hence, 'review-proof' becomes your assumption. Maybe not always the reality from a quality perspective.

Is this review for real?

Spoiler

https://variety.com/2021/film/reviews/spider-man-no-way-home-review-tom-holland-1235132550/

If villains can make the dimensional leap, it stands to reason that other Spider-Men can too, and sure enough, first Garfield and then Maguire show up seemingly up-to-speed on Peter’s villain-infestation problem. Because they’ve all faced variations on the same challenges — from losing loved ones to reconciling their romantic interests with a demanding day job — the movie balances easy-target comedy with more profound life lessons. What could easily have felt like one of those tacky Disneyland parades, where all the princesses are assembled to do fan service, instead finds a strong emotional foundation.

I'm insanely busy for the rest of the year and have almost no time to see this film.  Was planning to see it in early January, but if there are massive spoilers there's probably no way I won't end up seeing them if I wait that long, so I'm taking a half-day on Friday and seeing it in the early afternoon.  LOVE how Covid has forced theaters to do reserved seating.  :cloud9:  The reviews being so overwhelmingly positive is what pushed me over the edge for seeing it this week.

Last time I'm clicking this thread until after I see it for fear of spoilers.  :hi:

Edited by fantastic_four

Oh, and fair warning--anyone who doesn't want to see spoilers needs to stay out of this thread starting on release day.  :sumo:

I'd recommend staying out from now on just to be safe, but hey, you do you and get spoiled if you must.