• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, chrisco37 said:

I wouldn't want to sit thru it from start to finish.  

Easy to do first time. Not so much after that, as you catch all of the stuff that should/would be left on the cutting room floor in a more concise director's cut.

Finally rented it last night...was okay after a few beers. 

Think they overplayed the "magic" card a bit.

I could see how kids would really like it - the whole movie was a merchandising buffet.

-bc

On 5/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

How would this even be possible?  The the entire last battle takes place there.  I am glad they did not  edit the film, but it also does not seem feasible without a LOT of new CGI.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, drotto said:

How would this even be possible?  The the entire last battle takes place there.  I am glad they did not  edit the film, but it also does not seem feasible without a LOT of new CGI.

Most of that stuff was probably filmed in green screen with computer generated backdrop, so I think it is feasible to go back and change the background to something else. Whether it's worth the money, no idea.

Prior to the movie release, I saw some single amateur guy fill in the three spider-man on his home computer over the edited (no spider-men) commercial.  And it looked just as real as the movie. Blew me away.

Edited by bronze_rules

So far, this is my favorite Phase IV movie before seeing Thor: Love and Thunder on a drunken dare one day. Though I doubt my mind will be changed.

Once it gets moving with cross-franchise villain appearances and the multi Peters, this is more fun and worth watching than the rest of Phase IV for me. Including the streaming shows.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

So far, this is my favorite Phase IV movie before seeing Thor: Love and Thunder on a drunken dare one day. Though I doubt my mind will be changed.

Once it gets moving with cross-franchise villain appearances and the multi Peters, this is more fun and worth watching than the rest of Phase IV for me. Including the streaming shows.

It's been my favourite so far too. To me that says something more about the other films more than it does about Spider-Man though. 

On 7/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

On 7/13/2022 at 7:37 PM, Cat said:

It's been my favourite so far too. To me that says something more about the other films more than it does about Spider-Man though. 

On 7/14/2022 at 12:35 PM, davidpg said:

Oh, this was BY FAR the best of the new Marvel material.

If No Way Home has been the best so far, then yikes.  It had some fun moments, but overall the whole thing just felt very forced.

Not to mention that Tom and Benedict didn't have the whole "hey, here's what this spell will do" talk BEFOREHAND.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:46 PM, mattn792 said:

If No Way Home has been the best so far, then yikes.  It had some fun moments, but overall the whole thing just felt very forced.

Not to mention that Tom and Benedict didn't have the whole "hey, here's what this spell will do" talk BEFOREHAND.

Have you seen all the movies and shows from this phase?  I have and NWH really was the best, in spite of the huge issues it totally had.  Every single other movie has been total carp, and never mond the shows.  

Hoping phase 5 will be better, and include the X-Men, FF and Marvel Zombies for real ;)

On 7/14/2022 at 3:53 PM, davidpg said:

Have you seen all the movies and shows from this phase?  I have and NWH really was the best, in spite of the huge issues it totally had.  Every single other movie has been total carp, and never mond the shows.  

Hoping phase 5 will be better, and include the X-Men, FF and Marvel Zombies for real ;)

I have not, and the way folks have been talking, I'm in no hurry to see the others.  

And please, no Zombies.  The zombie thing has been done to death (no pun intended :bigsmile:).  

On 7/14/2022 at 5:01 PM, mattn792 said:

I have not, and the way folks have been talking, I'm in no hurry to see the others.  

And please, no Zombies.  The zombie thing has been done to death (no pun intended :bigsmile:).  

I am a HUGE fane of the whole first phase, and have rewatched most of the movies countless times.  I really was excited for this round, though had inkling feelings that it might not be so hot. I had big laughs when Eternals and Shang Chi were announced, and suddenly those two properties were everyone's favorite comic forever.  We all know that those two books completely languished in quarter bins FOREVER and just weren't good.  If I could go back, I wouldn't have watched any of the new stuff and simply read synopsies.

Marvel Zombies has a huge future, mark my words.  I've put my money where my mouth is and bought more MZ books to stash away.  Fun reading too!

I think we all knew this phase would be like this. We've all been killing time waiting for the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to arrive. 

On 7/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, Cat said:

I think we all knew this phase would be like this. We've all been killing time waiting for the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to arrive. 

Have faith, Disney will screw those up, too.

Finally saw this

Was underwhelmed, still a good movie, and the best Marvel/Sony movie I've seen in awhile

Like the Venom teaser 

MJ was terrible. I think Zendenya is turning out to just be a terrible actor/tress