• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

EXCLUSIVE: Renée Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton, Girls5eva) is poised to co-star opposite Tatiana Maslany in the upcoming She Hulk Marvel series for Disney+, sources said.

She-Hulk is a legal comedy that centers on the eponymous heroine (Maslany), aka Jennifer Walters, an attorney who has similar powers to her cousin, Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

Goldsberry would play a character referred to Amelia. Ginger Gonzaga was recently cast as Walters’ best friend. As announced at Disney Investor Day, Avengers star Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role as The Hulk and Tim Roth is reprising his Hulk character of The Abomination on She-Hulk.

The She-Hulk series is directed by Kat Coiro and Anu Valia, with Jessica Gao serving as head writer.

The cast of the Marvel Cinematic Universe seems to grow by the day, especially when it comes to the TV shows on Disney+. With several projects in various stages of development and production, the MCU is filling a ton of different roles as it expands the franchise. This includes the She-Hulk series, which is currently filming in Atlanta. Tatiana Maslany is leading the cast of the series as the titular She-Hulk, and she's now being joined by Jameela Jamil, star of The Good Place, who is set to play her longtime foe.

According to a new report from The Illuminerdi (and confirmed by ComicBook.com), Jamil has joined the cast of She-Hulk to take on the role of popular Marvel villain Titania. In this MCU courtroom comedy, Jamil's Titania will be a social media influencer with a dangerous dark side. At this point, there's no word on how substantial Titania's role in the series will be, but given her standing rivalry with She-Hulk, it wouldn't be surprising if she turns out to be a major character.

Like many of the other Marvel shows on Disney+, She-Hulk is putting together a wildly impressive cast. Maslany stars alongside Ginger Gonzaga and Hamilton Tony-winner Renee Elise Goldsberry. Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role as Hulk, aka Bruce Banner, the cousin of Jennifer Walters. Also returning is Tim Roth's Abomination, a character that has been absent from the MCU since The Incredible Hulk in 2008.

She-Hulk's head writer is Jessica Gao, who is known for her work on shows like Silicon Valley and Rick and Morty. Series directors include Kat Coiro (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and Anu Valia (Never Have I Ever, A.P. Bio).

Now, Gonzaga has posted a tweet offering praise for She-Hulk's leading lady Tatiana Maslany. She said that she was stoked to work with the actress and that no one could play Jennifer's part better than her. Gonzaga also expressed her admiration for the rest of the "dope" cast, suggesting that she was extremely excited for fans to see the team "SMASH it" in the new TV show.

Gonzaga isn't the only one who feels that Maslany is the perfect casting choice for Jennifer. When speculations first began about Maslany joining She-Hulk, it excited many Marvel fans and Orphan Black enthusiasts, besides spawning multiple pieces of fan art imagining what Maslany will look like as She-Hulk. When Maslany initially denied the casting rumors, fans were left dejected. But ultimately, the actress was officially confirmed for the part, and since then, fans have been relishing each BTS shot offering a glimpse at Maslany's embodiment of Jennifer.

The sprawling nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe means that, no matter how much time passes, all manner of characters could return to take part in a new adventure, with even actor Tim Roth blown away that he would get to return to the MCU for the upcoming She-Hulk TV series. Roth was one of the first antagonists in the MCU, having played Emil Blonsky/Abomination in 2008's The Incredible Hulk, which marked only the second entry into the franchise. In the years since debuting as the character, the world of superhero cinema has changed drastically, making Roth all the more excited to get to return to the franchise.

"Well, honestly, it totally surprised me. I went in to chat with Kevin Feige and he said, 'I've got an idea. Come in.' Really? Really? Because the original thing that I did, when I did that first Incredible Hulk movie, was I just did it for my kids," Roth recently shared with Uproxx.

While Ms. Marvel is the next MCU Disney Plus show to hit the streamer (June 8th), fans won’t have to wait long for a follow-up. According to a report in Forbes, the She-Hulk release date is set for August 17th, 2022. This comes courtesy of a Disney itself, with the release date unceremoniously listed on the official Disney Plus UK blog, which also includes a new synopsis revealing the exact concept of the show:

"This new comedy series sees Bruce Banner help his cousin, Jennifer Walters, when she needs an emergency blood transfusion and guess what? She receives his powers too. Tatiana Maslany will play Jennifer, who is a lawyer specializing in superhuman-oriented legal cases. Mark Ruffalo is back as the Hulk alongside Tim Roth, who plays the Abomination."

I came here for all the bad CGI comments.

41e98bf8996fcdbc88974b9c7985b752_w200.gif

Edited by grendelbo

On 5/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I think you are all are not focusing on the most important part of this trailer

FROG MAN!!

Wait, what?  I missed it, when was that?