• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dark horse aliens mini comics (kenner toys)

30 posts in this topic

ya I thought it might have been the one with the hatchlings or eggs, should have stuck to my guns

but broke down and rewatched the trailer

I saw it, but would only remember bits and pieces :sorry: 

I'm willing to give Marvel a chance with Aliens. They've proven before they can do a good adult-oriented series (Marvel Knights) when they want to.

Yes, I agree that Alien Vs (Enter Shameless Marvel Cash Grab Here) is inevitable. It...its going to be Deadpool. You know it, I know it; and the damn thing will sell a zillion variant covers. I will rail against this...right up to the moment the Skottie Young variant goes up for sale, at which point I shall embrace my inner hypocrite, and buy two. xD

Frankly, I would love to see some self-awareness with an Alien Kills The Disney Universe book; but I doubt the House of Mouse would allow its IP to be used in such a crass manner. Pity; I would love to see a cover with a xenomorph standing over the broken (yet still singing) animatronics of "Its a Small World" with a pair of guests in the boat wearing facehugger Mickey ears. :D

Best thing I can think of when it comes to adding the Alien or Predator IP to the larger Marvel universe is a Kraven the Hunter Vs. Predator mini-series. That, if given a good art/creative team, could be a really good book.

Edited by BabaLament

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol now that's comedy, it was maybe around 2013-2015 and Tom Cruise was in several that summer, something about living out time and premonition and the other was this futuristic sand place on a planet (maybe earth) and his house was immaculate no dirt sand dust what have you. He'd make a journey each day just to scout the area and had adventures or what not.

BUT evidently I have my wires crossed :roflmao: 

Probably Oblivion

9 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Probably Oblivion

Ya that was it lol @F For Fake

@divad turns out the wires were saved with out incident 

Maybe just grinded some gears!  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/24/2021 at 8:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya that was it lol @F For Fake

@divad turns out the wires were saved with out incident 

Maybe just grinded some gears!  :shy:

Well, O and P are pretty close together in the alphabet, so I'll allow. Tom Cruise isn't quite as pretty as Charlize Theron, though...

As for Marvel and Aliens, I'll be happy to eat my words. I'd like nothing more than to read another great Alien story, as I've been able to do on and off over the last 30+ years. I'm just afraid that Marvel won't take the same chances that DH did with the material. Some of the greatest comic artists of all time, from Sam Kieth to Kelley Jones to Mark Schultz to Mike Mignola to Richard Corben etc worked on those books. Sometimes the chances they took worked out great (see previous sentence), and sometimes they didn't (any title in which the word "vs" follows the word "Alien"). I just want to see something cool that is faithful to the source material, that doesn't cheapen the brand any further. (Though it would be hard to top Alien Covenant in that regard. Sheesh.)

As for Predator, Marvel can do whatever they want, Predator doesn't interest me one way or the other. I have a lot of fondness for the first film, as I'm an oddly dedicated fan of every moronic movie Arnold ever made, particularly in those halcyon days of the 80's. But as for the other movies, the comics, the property in general, it never did anything for me. That being said, the best Predator story I ever read was Predator vs Archie, which was a crossover, and it was great, so what do I know?

Short version: old man resists change, news at 11.

19 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Well, O and P are pretty close together in the alphabet, so I'll allow. Tom Cruise isn't quite as pretty as Charlize Theron, though...

As for Marvel and Aliens, I'll be happy to eat my words. I'd like nothing more than to read another great Alien story, as I've been able to do on and off over the last 30+ years. I'm just afraid that Marvel won't take the same chances that DH did with the material. Some of the greatest comic artists of all time, from Sam Kieth to Kelley Jones to Mark Schultz to Mike Mignola to Richard Corben etc worked on those books. Sometimes the chances they took worked out great (see previous sentence), and sometimes they didn't (any title in which the word "vs" follows the word "Alien"). I just want to see something cool that is faithful to the source material, that doesn't cheapen the brand any further. (Though it would be hard to top Alien Covenant in that regard. Sheesh.)

As for Predator, Marvel can do whatever they want, Predator doesn't interest me one way or the other. I have a lot of fondness for the first film, as I'm an oddly dedicated fan of every moronic movie Arnold ever made, particularly in those halcyon days of the 80's. But as for the other movies, the comics, the property in general, it never did anything for me. That being said, the best Predator story I ever read was Predator vs Archie, which was a crossover, and it was great, so what do I know?

Short version: old man resists change, news at 11.

I feel the same. Although Predator is on the same level as Aliens for me.

Shame on you Shane Black, shame on you

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

I knew Marvel was going to go variant crazy on Aliens.  I’ll wait until they’re $10 a piece then I will grab them, lol.  

Same. I got all of the standard variants at my shop for cover price, but didn't order any of the incentives. A week or two after the fact, none of them seem to be exploding, even the 1:500's. So, I'm glad I waited. Alien has a big fanbase, but it's not Star Wars. Hoping there will be some summer shows where I can grab these out of boxes on the cheap.