• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con
2 2

41 posts in this topic

Hitting the road at 5 am tomorrow. There is a marathon in the city tomorrow so trying to get in early enough to avoid that mess. I'm on the fence about doing a CGC submission. I might wait and see what I pick up. 

39 minutes ago, wombat said:

Hitting the road at 5 am tomorrow. There is a marathon in the city tomorrow so trying to get in early enough to avoid that mess. I'm on the fence about doing a CGC submission. I might wait and see what I pick up. 

Make sure you take lots of pics, and pics of the haul .:banana:

On 10/19/2019 at 4:49 AM, wombat said:

Heading out. Man it is early. 

Get any of those Earl's magazines??  I grabbed 50 of the nicest but left some nice presenting ones for the rest of you guys lol

Edited by 1Cool

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I had my box of magazines sitting in Murphman's booth and people started asking about them even though they were to the side.  People love them old school covers.

Mags 1.jpeg

:whatthe:   I don't quite understand what I'm looking at here... it looks like you have too many copies of the same magazines... if I'm actually seeing what I'm seeing, you should sell me at least one each of Creepy 2, 5, 7 and Eerie 3, 5, 7... maybe 3 of Eerie 7...  (worship)

21 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

:whatthe:   I don't quite understand what I'm looking at here... it looks like you have too many copies of the same magazines... if I'm actually seeing what I'm seeing, you should sell me at least one each of Creepy 2, 5, 7 and Eerie 3, 5, 7... maybe 3 of Eerie 7...  (worship)

The #7 almost all have a waviness to them that I'm hoping will press out and they should clean up well.  The spines look great so I'm hoping they look equally good with a press and clean.

25 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The #7 almost all have a waviness to them that I'm hoping will press out and they should clean up well.  The spines look great so I'm hoping they look equally good with a press and clean.

I'm more of a raw, non-press and clean sort of guy so if you feel like selling them without that, let me know.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Taylor G said:

Who is "Murphman"?  Trying to figure out if that is the pile I went through, and if not, how many piles of these unread early Creepy's and Eerie's there are out there.....In the stash I looked through, the Eerie #7's had serious humidity issues that went right through the books, made you want to cry.....

Murphman is a comic dealer (board member) who set up at Baltimore.  He had a few magazines and has first shot at a few of the magazines shown above but they originally came from E booth.  The #7s do have some intense waviness but no water staining that I could see.  I grabbed the least wavy of the bunch and left some really wavy ones behind so those may have been them.

Edited by 1Cool

33 minutes ago, Taylor G said:

I was looking for "Leroy" but was told he did not set up this year.

Crud - I've been saying Leroy and meant Earl.  Earl Shaw had a huge selection of magazines.

6 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I was thinking the same thing, damn great minds think alike.