• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,940 posts in this topic

I can't stop staring at this gorgeous Turner cover. There aren't a ton of these on eBay, and I wanted this book the moment I saw it. I was thrilled to get a cheap 9.4 copy. I have plenty of different raws of this issue if I want to re-read them, and even at a 9.4 this just pops in the holder. :x

IMG_3927.thumb.JPG.768891515cca2552ca43da57f871f84f.JPG

On 11/28/2021 at 1:30 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I can't stop staring at this gorgeous Turner cover. There aren't a ton of these on eBay, and I wanted this book the moment I saw it. I was thrilled to get a cheap 9.4 copy. I have plenty of different raws of this issue if I want to re-read them, and even at a 9.4 this just pops in the holder. :x

IMG_3927.thumb.JPG.768891515cca2552ca43da57f871f84f.JPG

It IS very pretty! Glad you got what you were after! The other posted elsewhere are nice grabs too!

On 12/5/2021 at 10:10 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I love the foil covers on this run.

Yes! I stumbled onto a fine or VF condition raw, that I think I posted in adventures in the dollar box thread. I read it and it was a decent read, included in the story was a baby darkseid lol

That's just fun!

Then there may be a semi cameo of batman who laughs before this issue, but it's more an outline, that when you eventually see him in this book, the shape makes sense :)

Was glad to pick this 9.8 up for $60 shipped, and it really fit my collection.  I have 1st Robin king too so lol

But more to your point, taking pics of a foil book in a slab is still much easier than a black or blue cover that there is no art on the back. Those are even more reflective lol

I'm rambling but it was a fun week  ^^