• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,944 posts in this topic

So i've been here on the boards for like 12 years,yesterday,i believe and have been really only a Silver-age or Golden-age boardie...

That has all changed this week. Someone here in my area was moving and having a yard sale and i happened to stop by...

There were 7 long boxes worth of books, i took everything. It's all basically 90's stuff. All bought, bagged and boarded and sat away for 20 +years.

Needless to say i'm re-bagging and boarding like 1700+/- books...all in that NM+ to NM++ 9.6-9.8 area....so i'm sure i'll be posting a ton for sale in the sales area eventually to thin out as i don't need 25 Lady Death #1's. LOL

There are a ton of variants, starting off with 6 NM+ WOLVERINE 75 BLUE HOLOGRAM ERROR books.....

Thought i'd share a view....

wolv75blues.jpg

Edited by KryptoSpidey
spelling

22 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

So i've been here on the boards for like 12 years,yesterday,i believe and have been really only a Silver-age or Golden-age boardie...

That has all changed this week. Someone here in my area was moving and having a yard sale and i happened to stop by...

There were 7 long boxes worth of books, i took everything. It's all basically 90's stuff. All bought, bagged and boarded and sat away for 20 +years.

Needless to say i'm re-bagging and boarding like 1700+/- books...all in that NM+ to NM++ 9.6-9.8 area....so i'm sure i'll be posting a ton for sale in the sales area eventually to thin out as i don't need 25 Lady Death #1's. LOL

There are a ton of variants, starting off with 6 NM+ WOLVERINE 75 BLUE HOLOGRAM ERROR books.....

Thought i'd share a view....

wolv75blues.jpg

I have X-Men #25 and wolverine #75 errors, I know what they look like, but

If you have any of the other holograms that are errors, I'd be interested in trying to complete a set....

I don't remember the issue #'s off hand though, Excalibur is one There may be 2-3 others...

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you have any of the other holograms that are errors, I'd be interested in trying to complete a set....

I don't remember the issue #'s off hand though, Excalibur is one There may be 2-3 others...

there's an X-Factor some issue also. The X-Men 25 i have is regular GOOD Hologram, and the X-Factor whatever number was also GOOD...Just the Wolverine 75's were BLUE

Edited by KryptoSpidey

2 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

there's an X-Factor some issue also. The X-Men 25 i have is regular GOOD Hologram, and the X-Factor whatever number was also GOOD...Just the Wolverine 75's were BLUE

ah that's cool, thanks for checking though :foryou: I do appreciate it....

If you need the info, after looking quickly on ebay, the other issue's were:

Excalibur #71

Uncanny X-men #304

and X-factor #92.....

BUT anyway, congrats on the find! ^^ Seems one in NM sold recently for over $350! :headbang: You'll at least make your money back :wishluck: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah that's cool, thanks for checking though :foryou: I do appreciate it....

If you need the info, after looking quickly on ebay, the other issue's were:

Excalibur #71

Uncanny X-men #304

and X-factor #92.....

BUT anyway, congrats on the find! ^^ Seems one in NM sold recently for over $350! :headbang: You'll at least make your money back :wishluck: 

Thanks for the info. I'm still digging through books. We'll see how it all goes.... if nothing else i have like at least a dozen Spawn #1's to dump off :kidaround:

I got super super lucky at the shop near my work. I went in looking for something else then noticed that they had the variants for Star Wars #1. Apart from the one with Vader on the cover which was £8 all the rest were £4:50. Nice start to 2020

The Absolute Carnage I picked up from Forbidden Planet on my way home.

IMG_7499.jpg

aphra40a.thumb.jpg.8c12bafb529a846c3a13a7948b91c800.jpg

I don't normally pick up these GM variants, but last issue of Vol.1 I figured this one will be HTF someday. 

aphra40b.thumb.jpg.a6efd358f620e24fe858a09989869431.jpg

I believe this to be a 1:25.

Another series I do not collect... The shop couldn't confirm Dr Aphra cover but I trusted my instinct and glad I did. 

2122275188_SAgalaxysedge4aphra.thumb.jpg.14052572ba7498de868678b01d5124b1.jpg