• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,940 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 3:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I always like that cover. :) I picked it up first con when getting back to collecting!  :x

Me too! It's my second copy, it was a last-minute impulse bid and I ended up winning; I was sure I'd get outbid, but I'm cool with it! I have a graded 2nd print as well, just a 9.2 but I lucked into it for fairly inexpensively. Keeping my eye out for a lucky cheap 3rd print now... lol

On 1/26/2023 at 3:39 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Me too! It's my second copy, it was a last-minute impulse bid and I ended up winning; I was sure I'd get outbid, but I'm cool with it! I have a graded 2nd print as well, just a 9.2 but I lucked into it for fairly inexpensively. Keeping my eye out for a lucky cheap 3rd print now... lol

It's a trainspotting homage? Sounds familiar but I don't think I ever saw that movie, or I'm pretty sure either was a movie....

On 1/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a trainspotting homage? Sounds familiar but I don't think I ever saw that movie, or I'm pretty sure either was a movie....

Yep! Movie was decent - Ewan McGregor was the star. Very dark. The book is great, but aalso tough read as it's a stream-of-consciousness style from a (mostly) Scottish perspective. And also very dark of course.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh Google. Addicts, evidently there was a follow up in 2017 lol

On 1/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yep! Movie was decent - Ewan McGregor was the star. Very dark. The book is great, but aalso tough read as it's a stream-of-consciousness style from a Scottish perspective. And also very dark of course.

Sounds very punkish 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yep! Movie was decent - Ewan McGregor was the star. Very dark. The book is great, but aalso tough read as it's a stream-of-consciousness style from a (mostly) Scottish perspective. And also very dark of course.

Ya if it partly takes place over seas, as an American it would make it interesting. 

And SNAP!!! How Did I miss it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Screenshot_20230126_182406_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB_IMG_1673478227253.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 6:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Ha, thank you!! It's actually tomorrow, so the board jumped the gun by a few hours, but I appreciate it!!

That actually makes sense, maybe it happened after 6pm, and it may be the reason I didn't see it earlier lol

giphy-2.gif

Some highlights from Sunday’s flea market event (dollar books and newsstands will be posted in their respective threads)… I have to say the timing on those Stormwatch books is blowing my mind, even if I’m always keeping an eye out on these two. This is only the second time I’ve found a Stormwatch 4 locally, so I had to get it. Two days later, boy am I glad I did.

Edit: also, not to undersell the Ninjak gold variant, because I was thrilled to get that one after having sellers remorse with that same book. A customer at the flea market said he wanted four fairly common books I had at the show, he came into the store today with some books to trade and he had the Ninjak. So the wheels were set in motion for this trade at the flea market, so I count it lol. Also, that Daredevil is a 1:50 from the 2019 series.

97B615AF-393F-433F-81DF-3D2F7AEAC661.jpeg

D4F5F513-DFF9-4276-BE7D-27DAE1B2A722.jpeg

87282A9C-C9D0-406C-A575-0A396E56C46B.jpeg

6237E8B9-DB77-4826-8D14-008C4ABBAF0F.jpeg

Edited by BishopT