• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,953 posts in this topic

I bought this 4 hours before the trailer dropped, when I woke up and saw that every listing had disappeared from ebay I thought my order would get cancelled but it arrived. $4 including shipping.

aaafEPR.jpg

Been on the lookout for this cover since 2019, ordered it from my LCS and it never came, was never able to find any local copies, finally one got listed. The foil on the cover is so well done, needs to be seen in person, really pops.

EVoG9ih.jpg

Won in an auction, I collect Hellcat and Ivan Tao was just waiting to snag a cheap copy that no one bids on.

ZOw7HPA.jpg

Premise of this book sounded interesting

SwKAS07.jpg

On 2/16/2023 at 9:07 AM, Jipsy24 said:

Got the Asm 2nd prints all for cover price a couple of weeks ago. 
Superman/Batman #8 was bought last week, a few days before the trailer drop.

A6F243E5-F2C8-441C-AECB-FE194F377351.jpeg

2110ADE7-FE98-4C77-AF27-97F97B884FC4.jpeg

21BFC272-B221-472D-B995-1F6874B27DAB.jpeg

I'm really hoping for more invincible "comics", It's as if 150 issues shouldn't be the end of the morality tale :)

Still I'm not sure the world can get the motivation, with the type of media involved :shy: 

On 2/17/2023 at 3:01 PM, icp004 said:

Of all three Marvel Darth Vader series, this was the only additional print that had eluded me. Nothing special but I’m still happy to have picked it up!  

60FE1185-3955-4C8E-8ED3-99ECF6F7B039.jpeg

Indeed I'm right there with you. 2017! For the win :) 

On 2/23/2023 at 7:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Jesse-Lee thoughts, I'm not sure what to do with these, not in the best shape, but thankful that I found these. so idk

They don't look too bad from the photos (maybe the Thrawn is a little bit rough, but the other two look decent) - did you find them cheap? If it were me, I'd likely flip them if I found them cheap enough. But I'm like you, I definitely would grab these if I found them for the right price, and then I'd wonder exactly what I should do with them because I don't "really" collect these - which is why half my collection is so scatterbrained... lol

On 2/23/2023 at 7:33 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

They don't look too bad from the photos (maybe the Thrawn is a little bit rough, but the other two look decent) - did you find them cheap? If it were me, I'd likely flip them if I found them cheap enough. But I'm like you, I definitely would grab these if I found them for the right price, and then I'd wonder exactly what I should do with them because I don't "really" collect these - which is why half my collection is so scatterbrained... lol

Same wave length and parameters. Because I found them for $2 a piece  :shy:

I'm just not sure how well I know them, as it is below the radar. I know the books well enough, like you, to know it was worthy to pick up. I have the the 9.6 2nd print. So I mainly picked this ups in rough shape due to the 1st print

On 2/23/2023 at 8:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Same wave length and parameters. Because I found them for $2 a piece  :shy:

I'm just not sure how well I know them, as it is below the radar. I know the books well enough, like you, to know it was worthy to pick up. I have the the 9.6 2nd print. So I mainly picked this ups in rough shape due to the 1st print

Yep, 100% agree on the same wave length, I would have definitely scooped these up for $2 each. Sometimes with books like this I'll bundle them with other books as a lot if I'm selling on eBay, just to make sense with shipping and my time it takes to list and pack. I personally make sure to disclose every single flaw (on every book I sell, but that especially goes double on moderns in the F/VF range) so I don't have a buyer who gets upset. I know some people might not see the value in selling $8-10 books, but when you paid $2 each and you can maybe get $20 or so out of a lot sale, why not? My goal if I find cheap books to flip is always 3x-4x my money spent. I go for consistent singles instead of home runs, it's been fun and worked fairly well for me so far.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yep, 100% agree on the same wave length, I would have definitely scooped these up for $2 each. Sometimes with books like this I'll bundle them with other books as a lot if I'm selling on eBay, just to make sense with shipping and my time it takes to list and pack. I personally make sure to disclose every single flaw (on every book I sell, but that especially goes double on moderns in the F/VF range) so I don't have a buyer who gets upset. I know some people might not see the value in selling $8-10 books, but when you paid $2 each and you can maybe get $20 or so out of a lot sale, why not? My goal if I find cheap books to flip is always 3x-4x my money spent. I go for consistent singles instead of home runs, it's been fun and worked fairly well for me so far.

Bless you, understood, and Lord willing there is hope, if it were to be given with joy in board raffles of other type events we enjoy. It's nice to have provision, no matter how small. It's the only way to multiply it. :)

Don't despise small beginnings

Finally got a bunch of books back from CGC from the original Valiant run. Here's what I got back today...

Bloodshot 1 9.6
Harbinger 0 9.6
Harbinger 1 9.8
Harbinger 2 9.8
Harbinger 3 9.8
Harbinger 4 9.6
Harbinger 5 9.6
Harbinger 6 9.6
Harbinger 7 9.6
Deathmate Black 9.8
Shadowman 1 9.0
Shadowman 1 9.6
XO 1 9.8
Eternal Warrior 4 9.8
Eternal Warrior 4 .9.4
Eternal Warrior 4 9.2
Eternal Warrior 4 6.0 (WTF?)
Solar 1 9.8
Solar 10 9.6 (6 copies)
Magnus Robot Fighter 0 (mail order edition) 8.0

I'm open to trades I'm only looking for high grade gold key Magnus, Solar, and Spektor. 

20230306_111722.jpg

On 3/6/2023 at 1:48 PM, EMazman said:
Finally got a bunch of books back from CGC from the original Valiant run. Here's what I got back today...

Bloodshot 1 9.6
Harbinger 0 9.6
Harbinger 1 9.8
Harbinger 2 9.8
Harbinger 3 9.8
Harbinger 4 9.6
Harbinger 5 9.6
Harbinger 6 9.6
Harbinger 7 9.6
Deathmate Black 9.8
Shadowman 1 9.0
Shadowman 1 9.6
XO 1 9.8
Eternal Warrior 4 9.8
Eternal Warrior 4 .9.4
Eternal Warrior 4 9.2
Eternal Warrior 4 6.0 (WTF?)
Solar 1 9.8
Solar 10 9.6 (6 copies)
Magnus Robot Fighter 0 (mail order edition) 8.0

I'm open to trades I'm only looking for high grade gold key Magnus, Solar, and Spektor. 

20230306_111722.jpg

Man that is a lot of nicely done grades! If you pressed, that was some patience that paid off!

Not sure about it but at $2.17 :takeit: decent read, some heart felt love for a kid that grows up in the Cap.

Other than that I'm pretty full up in batwoman, so long haul or just out of plain interest.

FB_IMG_1678132917054.jpg

IMG_20230306_134545585.jpg

IMG_20230306_134541542.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not sure about it but at $2.17 :takeit: decent read, some heart felt love for a kid that grows up in the Cap.

Other than that I'm pretty full up in batwoman, so long haul or just out of plain interest.

FB_IMG_1678132917054.jpg

IMG_20230306_134545585.jpg

IMG_20230306_134541542.jpg

That Captain America issue was one of the first comics I read that brought me into collecting.