• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much Would You Pay for a Conserved Grade on a SA Key?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

My mistake was thinking that CGC ever put "married cover only" restoration books in purple labels.

I just found an ASM 4, graded 9.6 qualified in 2011, with graders notes that only include married cover. Long before the conserved label.

Now I'm hoping that my ASM 3 was an error going in to a green slab, because aesthetically, I like the conserved label more.

My 129 and 10  with staples replaced are in conserved labels.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, sledgehammer said:

My mistake was thinking that CGC ever put "married cover only" restoration books in purple labels.

I just found an ASM 4, graded 9.6 qualified in 2011, with graders notes that only include married cover. Long before the conserved label.

Now I'm hoping that my ASM 3 was an error going in to a green slab, because aesthetically, I like the conserved label more.

Why would it be an error, married covers have nothing to do with conservation, aren't they still simply green label?

Edited by William-James88

On 2/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, William-James88 said:
On 2/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, sledgehammer said:

Why would it be an error, married covers have nothing to do with conservation, aren't they still simply green label?

I have no idea yet, but every indication is, to me, that my green label from 2019 had the exact same thing done to it as this conserved label graded in 2017.
I can't document whether or not married covers have joined "staples replaced" in escaping the green labels that they used to be given.

Title
Amazing Fantasy
Issue
Issue Date
8/62
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
CREAM TO OFF-WHITE
Grade Date
08/22/2017
Grade Category
Conserved
Label Text
Conservation includes: staples replaced. COVER & 1ST WRAP MARRIED.
Art Comments
Stan Lee story
Steve Ditko art
Jack Kirby cover
Key Comments
Origin & 1st appearance of Spider-Man
(Peter Parker).
1st appearance of Uncle Ben & Aunt May.
Grader Notes
Staple replaced Staple A-1
detached centerfold
married 1st wrap