• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Bosco685 said:

FYZA4CXVsAEwa1v.thumb.jpeg.a2a7eef618bd68d6b048b9309357388e.jpeg

Secret invasion - then references to what happens in that movie will be in GOTG3 , Marvels, Blade - then the next major part of SI in Cap #3?

Loki into Agatha

Echo into Ironheart

(shrug)

Continue into Phase 6 in 2025

Still waiting for the first truly great Disney Plus show.  So far every one is stretched out too thin.

Did I hear Feige say Daredevil is 18 episodes?  :whatthe:. Given that the current series are usually twice as long as they should have been this doesn't sound like a positive.

A few questions

1. When did phase 4 end or even culminate in anything?

2.  Wow phase 5 very superficially looks like it is repeating all the mistakes of Phase 4.  Please tell me why the MCU is pulling content mainly from Marvel post about 2015?  You know the era that is basically killed American comic books. If you deny that, I question your sanity.  Hot comics in the 90's sold over 500,000 per issue.  Moderately successful comics were around 100,000.  Books were cancelled if they got around 50,000.  Now hot books sell 100,000 if they are lucky.  Most books sell maybe 20,000, and I have seen books routinely selling 10,000 or lower and don't get cancelled.  Why would you use this modern era as your source material based on those numbers? Especially with 70 years of material to pull from.

3. Aside from a few hold over characters like Ant Man, Wasp, Loki, Falcon Cap and a few others (and they are not A list).  Where are any A list characters here?  Blade and Daredevil are B or C list, and have already had great adaptations, so these are reboots.  Everything new is based on ultra low list, unheard of by the general public characters. What new project here has a top tier character to pull people in?

So much phase 5 content, so little interest in any of it. 

I think the only thing I really want to see is Kang in action, but not necessarily anything surrounding that so I could live with a few clips. The Marvels is maybe the only full movie here that gets my interest, and that's more so from being an ensemble film with a few characters I like. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:05 AM, Sauce Dog said:

So much phase 5 content, so little interest in any of it. 

I think the only thing I really want to see is Kang in action, but not necessarily anything surrounding that so I could live with a few clips. The Marvels is maybe the only full movie here that gets my interest, and that's more so from being an ensemble film with a few characters I like. 

I am interested in Kang, but not as he was depicted in the TV show (just a normal looking guy), and the rumor is "The Marvels" is the silliest movie yet. Kills my interest :facepalm:

Edited by Artboy99

On 7/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, Artboy99 said:

I am interested in Kang, but not as he was depicted in the TV show (just a normal looking guy), and the rumor is "The Marvels" is the silliest movie yet. Kills my interest :facepalm:

He won't look like he did in Loki though, when he was out of armour. They have stated he will be in his full green/purple armour and the blue face shield appear over top - so should look as we all expected (as he was always just a 'normal guy' under it all)

Phase 5 is missing a few things all fans want to see, and it means we have a minimum of 2 1/2 till we have any chance to see them.

1. More Spider-Man

2. X-Men (including Wolverine here)

3. Fantastic Four

4. Deadpool

These are the characters that have a chance to excite people, and they are clearly missing in a very full schedule. So safe bet they are not coming soon. Looks like it could be a long few years for the MCU. Hope it survives the experience. 

I think I just realized what would make all these Phase content announcements 100% better and more satisfying...reveal to us everything EXCEPT the major movies to keep us all in anticipation (so blur out Secret Invasion and the Kang Dynasty) and let us have a few months trying to guess the connections and destination!

On 7/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I think I just realized what would make all these Phase content announcements 100% better and more satisfying...reveal to us everything EXCEPT the major movies to keep us all in anticipation (so blur out Secret Invasion and the Kang Dynasty) and let us have a few months trying to guess the connections and destination!

I don't think even Fiege knows where they are going to an extent, even with the title drops.  If the MCU is floundering by the time those Avenger movies are due to hit, I could see them using time travel/multiverse storylines as a way to bring back RDJ as Iron Man.  It's wide open if you ask me...

On 7/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't think even Fiege knows where they are going to an extent, even with the title drops.  If the MCU is floundering by the time those Avenger movies are due to hit, I could see them using time travel/multiverse storylines as a way to bring back RDJ as Iron Man.  It's wide open if you ask me...

It still does not feel like it is really building to anything.  Not like Endgame.