• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

I used to see Captain America shield tshirts everywhere. 

Those days are gone & won't be coming back for at least a generation, if ever.

I no longer see any MCU tshirts, certainly no Falcon, Captain Marvel, or Kate Bishop attire. 

On 9/16/2022 at 6:49 AM, TupennyConan said:

I used to see Captain America shield tshirts everywhere. 

Those days are gone & won't be coming back for at least a generation, if ever.

I no longer see any MCU tshirts, certainly no Falcon, Captain Marvel, or Kate Bishop attire. 

Interesting you bring this up.  There have been multiple reports that retailers, toy companies, etc. are upset in the significant drop off in merchandising sales, and that the characters they are now being asked to market and sell, just end up sitting on the shelves. Sales are not just down, they are way down. A few of the more interesting  items that have come out

best selling characters remain 

1. Spier-Man

2. Captain America

3. Iron Man (in Canada the last two are reversed)

Thor outsells Black Widow (the most popular female character followed by Wanda) by about 8 times.

Falcon Sam Wilson outsells Captain America Sam Wilson. 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, drotto said:

Interesting you bring this up.  There have been multiple reports that retailers, toy companies, etc. are upset in the significant drop off in merchandising sales, and that the characters they are now being asked to market and sell, just end up sitting on the shelves. Sales are not just down, they are way down. A few of the more interesting  items that have come out

best selling characters remain 

1. Spier-Man

2. Captain America

3. Iron Man (in Canada the last two are reversed)

Thor outsells Black Widow (the most popular female character followed by Wanda) by about 8 times.

Falcon Sam Wilson outsells Captain America Sam Wilson. 

I never thought I'd see the day when Cap or any Marvel character was printed on tshirts everywhere you looked but I did & it lasted about a decade. What a surprise decade! Pop culture rarely grants that much time to a property. Not only was it time for the public to move on, they're scratching their heads & rolling their eyes on the way out due to Phase IV. I can't help but conclude that profit [shareholder returns] isn't necessarily Disney's only motivation. It sorta feels like Disney is out to hurry along the end of the MCU as it was known during its first decade [or so]. A great way to do this is with thoroughgoing camp. 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, TupennyConan said:

I never thought I'd see the day when Cap or any Marvel character was printed on tshirts everywhere you looked but I did & it lasted about a decade. What a surprise decade! Pop culture rarely grants that much time to a property. Not only was it time for the public to move on, they're scratching their heads & rolling their eyes on the way out due to Phase IV. I can't help but conclude that profit [shareholder returns] isn't necessarily Disney's only motivation. It sorta feels like Disney is out to hurry along the end of the MCU as it was known during its first decade [or so]. A great way to do this is with thoroughgoing camp. 

I feel like they are trying to kill it.  Will leave it alone for about 5 years, then reboot based around the X-Men and recasting the originals.  This delay of X-Men to 2025 will not be the last.

Marvel Studios has come under fire for quality issues since the beginning of Phase 4. VFX companies have slammed Marvel for overworking its artists and giving them tight deadlines to complete their work. The studio has considered forming its own Marvel in-house VFX department in response to the backlash.

Following the historic success of Avengers: Endgame in 2019, fan anticipation was high for what was in store for Phase 4 of the MCU. But a common complaint following each new release in Phase 4 is that the shared universe now feels too disconnected and there is an inconsistency in tone between projects such as Eternals, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness or Thor: Love and Thunder. Marvel Studios president and chief creative officer Kevin Feige defended this aspect of it, claiming this is what makes Phase 4 so unique.

"That's always the intention, is that the Marvel Studios logo doesn't promise a particular group of characters and a particular exact tone," Feige said. "It promises a spirit and a style and a vibe and an emotion, I hope. And it's perfect timing to go from Moon Knight to Ms. Marvel, specifically because they're so unique and so different with [Doctor Strange in the] Multiverse of Madness and [Thor:] Love and Thunder on either end of that."

On 12/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, alexgross.com said:

"and will shift focus from quantity to quality."

gee, what a novel idea. unreal. no wonder they fired chapek. what idiocy. 

Those plans were put in place while Iger was running the show.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, MattTheDuck said:

As the weather has turned, I have been wearing my Spidey sweatshirt (the 3 Spidey's from the cartoon version) and constantly get positive comments on it.  Costco, yesterday at the bird store, etc.  

I've got to ask, what is the bird store? Is it a store where you go to buy birds? Because we don't have those here, and that sounds fantastic, if not very cruel upon reflection. I'd go there for a day out. Just everything from finches to emus. "Sorry sir we no longer stock cassowaries, they murdered two employees." 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, Cat said:

I've got to ask, what is the bird store? Is it a store where you go to buy birds? Because we don't have those here, and that sounds fantastic, if not very cruel upon reflection. I'd go there for a day out. Just everything from finches to emus. "Sorry sir we no longer stock cassowaries, they murdered two employees." 

For good or ill, and perhaps nonsensically, no birds are available at the "bird store."  For that, you'd have to visit a "pet store" and even there the selection would be limited.  Emus, since they are a non-native (not to say invasive) species would not be available to the general public (although I suspect there is at least one "emu farm" around here, licensed to raise them because, you know, who doesn't love a nice medium-rare emu steak?).  At the "bird store" one can find virtually anything one might need to "support" (food, water shelter, bathing and grooming needs) wild backyard birds, up to and including owls and other critters like squirrels or bats. Their blocks of suet are locally produced and served my family well as a source of protein during the C lockdowns (it comes in a case of 10 blocks).  There is also art of various kinds, some bird-related, some not.  The Picasso-inspired pieces do not sell all that well, as they tend to scare off, rather than attract, the birds. 

owl - 8-22 - 2.jpg

On 12/5/2022 at 1:18 AM, MattTheDuck said:

For good or ill, and perhaps nonsensically, no birds are available at the "bird store."  For that, you'd have to visit a "pet store" and even there the selection would be limited.  Emus, since they are a non-native (not to say invasive) species would not be available to the general public (although I suspect there is at least one "emu farm" around here, licensed to raise them because, you know, who doesn't love a nice medium-rare emu steak?).  At the "bird store" one can find virtually anything one might need to "support" (food, water shelter, bathing and grooming needs) wild backyard birds, up to and including owls and other critters like squirrels or bats. Their blocks of suet are locally produced and served my family well as a source of protein during the C lockdowns (it comes in a case of 10 blocks).  There is also art of various kinds, some bird-related, some not.  The Picasso-inspired pieces do not sell all that well, as they tend to scare off, rather than attract, the birds. 

owl - 8-22 - 2.jpg

Your family ate suet as a meal? Actual fat?