• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

About that Jonathan Majors evidence his attorney promised that clears him.. 

DE735A20-3CF3-468F-8561-F4B73828024E.gif.a4e34e1aea16a3fdc891bc2e9edba8fe.gif

Jonathan Majors deserves due process, like we all do. The evidence has to be submitted to the courts and processed.

Truth is they owe us nothing. The attorney's job is to keep him out of jail, not appease you sense of entitlement.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, D84 said:

Jonathan Majors deserves due process, like we all do. The evidence has to be submitted to the courts and processed.

Truth is they owe us nothing. The attorney's job is to keep him out of jail, not appease you sense of entitlement.

Okay well the longer this festers in the court of public opinion the guiltier he looks, and the court of public opinion can be way more damaging than any legal decision.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

I thought this was a good take on the whole thing.  It lists the exact charges (taken from the NYPD), lists court dates and everything.

The whole part about the GF saying it happened in the cab, and his lawyer saying they have video evidence and a witness saying it didn't happen (and with most cabs/uber drivers having cameras for their protection) could really shut down this whole thing.

Edited by media_junkie

On 3/28/2023 at 8:20 PM, TupennyConan said:

'Bad things come in threes' according to the laws of the universe, so the Majors arrest should about wrap it up. (fyi, QuAntuMania box office performance was the first) Looking forward to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3...

On 3/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, D84 said:

Due process? You're crazy I need to make a opinion with no real background information and argue that my view is correct.  There's no need for courts when we have public opinion. 

On 3/28/2023 at 8:41 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

'Bad things come in threes' according to the laws of the universe, so the Majors arrest should about wrap it up. (fyi, QuAntuMania box office performance was the first) Looking forward to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3...

What have you thought about Majors' KANG?

Not saying Alonso should not have been fired, but she is going ro try to use this as a bludgeon in her weongful termination suit. Just more proof what pandering hypocrits Disney is.  So the same company taking strong political stances in the US, again pulls representation from films in regions where they know it costs them money. So to add to the covering of Black Panthers face, removal of lesbian kisses, and reduction of Finn on Posters we now have blurring of Pride colors and flags.   Wayto go to stick up for what you preach Disney.

https://thedirect.com/article/ant-man-3-marvel-ban-report

On 3/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, drotto said:

Not saying Alonso should not have been fired, but she is going ro try to use this as a bludgeon in her weongful termination suit. Just more proof what pandering hypocrits Disney is.  So the same company taking strong political stances in the US, again pulls representation from films in regions where they know it costs them money. So to add to the covering of Black Panthers face, removal of lesbian kisses, and reduction of Finn on Posters we now have blurring of Pride colors and flags.   Wayto go to stick up for what you preach Disney.

https://thedirect.com/article/ant-man-3-marvel-ban-report

She put "pride" before her job, big surprise on the outcome. lol I know that if my activism interfered with my ability to conduct business as-expected, my employer would act the same.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Finally some good news. Marvel Entertainment head Ike Perlmutter is out at Disney.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/marvel-entertainment-chairman-isaac-perlmutter-out-disney-1235363074/

Alonso was far better news.  Feige at this point would be the best news.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:56 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Finally some good news. Marvel Entertainment head Ike Perlmutter is out at Disney.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/marvel-entertainment-chairman-isaac-perlmutter-out-disney-1235363074/

Good riddance.   I can’t believe they kept him around as long as they did.

On 3/29/2023 at 1:38 PM, drotto said:

Alonso was far better news.  Feige at this point would be the best news.

You can view Alonso’s firing as positive or negative, but it was still a turmoil moment for Marvel Studios. Perlmutter is the guy Feige had to fight to get Black Panther and Captain Marvel made, which both eventually grossed a billion plus each. That alone should’ve been grounds for firing years ago.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

You can view Alonso’s firing as positive or negative, but it was still a turmoil moment for Marvel Studios. Perlmutter is the guy Feige had to fight to get Black Panther and Captain Marvel made, which both eventually grossed a billion plus each. That alone should’ve been grounds for firing years ago.

X-men fans are happy.  

On 3/29/2023 at 3:24 PM, drotto said:

But ultimately the buck stops with Feige.  The MCU is trading down (I am not going through that again, I have shown my point), and Hollywood is a what have you done lately game, and that has not been good. Let's be honest, from an expenditure and performance standpoint, both needed to be gone.

Alonso was let go because she has been in control of quality control, budgets, and VFX.  Those have been an issue for years. She also likely cost the company billions with her outspoken nature becoming a big reason Disney lost Reedy Creak. The cost to Disney with this is almost immeasurable, and I believe is the real reason she is gone. This has nothing to do with her orientation or identity. 

Purlmutter is expendable at this point,  expensive, and unkind to say, old.  He does not get along with Iger or Feige. He was just leading a charge to change the board, which would alter the balance of power, especially for Iger. He has not been a major factor in product in years, so basically did not bring anything to the table for day to day operations,  so he is gone.

So both of these firings, and some of the others let go, do seem like Iger consolidating his power.

Since I have to be overly careful now not to make certain individuals feel uncomfortable, let's keep it realistic and sensible. I'd hate to upset some folks.

I very much agree with your opinion. Alonso was the senior executive that was at the VFX switch (promoted to Executive Vice President of Production in 2015) and then in 2021 promoted to President of Physical, Post Production, VFX and Animation at Marvel Studios. She was a big deal, and removing her would have impacts (many assuming good from all the reporting coming out).

Ignoring this to assume Perlmutter mattered at this stage other than in Chairman title only. Good riddance.

That's how they did it.

Disney’s cost-cutting measures have reached to the top echelons of the company: Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter, chairman of Marvel Entertainment, has been laid off, as his division — which is separate from Marvel Studios — is absorbed into other units of Disney.

Along with Perlmutter, Marvel Entertainment’s co-president Rob Steffens and chief counsel John Turitzin were also dismissed. Dan Buckley, president of the division, is staying and will report to Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige.

The decision to dismiss Perlmutter as part of Disney's cost-cutting measure is ironic considering the executive's infamous reputation for pinching pennies, from holding Marvel Studios press junkets in Disney's offices to forcing employees to reuse office supplies.

Ike was let go because as Drotto posted above, when Bob Chapek was the CEO, Perlmutter actively tried to change the balance of power on the Disney board which would have kept Iger from coming back.  Six or seven months after Perlmutter made his play (which Chapek didn't agree with) Chapek was fired at an Elton John concert and Iger was back in the door.  Perlmutter has been a non-issue since the movie end (and Feige) was put directly under Disney.  Iger fired/layed him off/disbanded his company to eliminate any threat to his (Iger's) position.

Consolidating power, nothing more.