• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

No need to be mean LOL. I liked Dr Strange and am looking forward to DS2.

I wasn't trying to but at some point folks need to move on. Spider-man was a temporary character for these movies. Plenty of other characters to explore.

you have the fantastic four and x-men to look forward to after these meh phase 4

7 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

@jsilverjanet Check out my earlier post :wishluck: Come on Apple and Save the day! Actually I thought you pointing out that Black Panther and Captain Marvel were actually bad movies :roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

given the choice of seeing spiderman in the MCU or having his own world to be a part of (Venom) I think most of us would prefer he just stay in his world.

The point of that article is Sony loses the rights to Spider-Man (and whoever buys Sony) if they are bought! Meaning the film rights will go back to Marvel Studios aka Disney!  I think it maybe a potential scenario.  Apple has like $250 billion cash on had and is starting their own streaming service (i.e. it needs content).

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

The point of that article is Sony loses the rights to Spider-Man (and whoever buys Sony) if they are bought! Meaning the film rights will go back to Marvel Studios aka Disney!  I think it maybe a potential scenario.  Apple has like $250 billion cash on had and is starting their own streaming service (i.e. it needs content).

the point of my point is that I don't like the MCU Spider-man, I can't stand the Tony Stark worshipping Peter Parker.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don't like the MCU Spider-man, I can't stand the Tony Stark worshipping Peter Parker.

Except it makes perfect logical sense in a super-hero world that a teenager suddenly gifted with super-powers would look up to someone with super-powers who's older cooler successful and rich and who also has taken an interest in him (Do you expect poor Peter Parker to say, "I don't need no stinking Tony Stark in my life"?)

Except Tony Stark is now dead and Far From Home's ending established Spider-Man as his own hero with no Stark enhancements, just Spidey swinging through New York with the spandex suit.

Except the only benefit of Spider-Man being Sony exclusive is he gets to fight Venom in Tom Hardy's Venomverse, a poor exchange for not being able to see Spider-Man "marvel" team up with Dr Strange or Captain Marvel or the Fantastic Four.

Except Sony sucks.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Except it makes perfect logical sense in a super-hero world that a teenager suddenly gifted with super-powers would look up to someone with super-powers who's older cooler successful and rich and who also has taken an interest in him (Do you expect poor Peter Parker to say, "I don't need no stinking Tony Stark in my life"?)

Except Tony Stark is now dead and Far From Home's ending established Spider-Man as his own hero with no Stark enhancements, just Spidey swinging through New York with the spandex suit.

Except the only benefit of Spider-Man being Sony exclusive is he gets to fight Venom in Tom Hardy's Venomverse, a poor exchange for not being able to see Spider-Man "marvel" team up with Dr Strange or Captain Marvel or the Fantastic Four.

Except Sony sucks.

Everyone needs to calm down. Both parties only lose in this situation. They're just generating hype while they work out a deal. Spiderman isnt going anywhere.

59 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

What does that mean? Really I don't know.. :roflmao:

"Get woke, go broke!" is the internet rallying cry for fandom(traditionally male and a majority white) railing against comics and movies that dare to diversify their characters and accuse them of bowing down to politically correct forces when really it's mostly the comics and movies trying to appeal to the market forces of growing differing demographics in fandom like an African-American community ready to spend their money on a Black Panther movie or women ready to go see a Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel movie. So really the phrase should be corrected to, "get woke so as not to go broke." 

^ Almost never has a clue what s/he is talking about. Makes up straw-man arguments to combat rather than debating someone's actual thoughts. Just FYI. Marvel fanboy/fangirl and DC hater.

You can go on FB/Twitter/any social media and never see that "rallying cry" be posted by anyone with legitimate criticism.

7 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

"Get woke, go broke!" is the internet rallying cry for fandom(traditionally male and a majority white) railing against comics and movies that dare to diversify their characters and accuse them of bowing down to politically correct forces when really it's mostly the comics and movies trying to appeal to the market forces of growing differing demographics in fandom like an African-American community ready to spend their money on a Black Panther movie or women ready to go see a Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel movie. So really the phrase should be corrected to, "get woke so as not to go broke." 

So what do you call it when Marvel changed The Ancient One from a Tibetan monk to a Caucasian Celtic druid so as not to impact its China Box Office market sales?

'Be sly - minoritize!'

NEW YORK TIMES: ‘Doctor Strange’ Writer Explains Casting of Tilda Swinton as Tibetan

In an interview on the pop culture show “Double Toasted,” Mr. Cargill said the decision to rid the character of its Tibetan roots was made by others working on the project, including the director, Scott Derrickson. It came down to anxieties over losing the China market, he said, if the portrayal of the Ancient One ended up stirring political sensitivities in China.

Nothing against wanting to make all people across the Earth feel appreciated and represented in any of these productions. But let's be real. Disney is doing some of these changes for financial reasons. Not because it wants to be the place of equal rights and worldwide harmony.

I like visiting Disneyland too with the family to have a great time. But I also live in reality, and know when to take off the mouse ears hat.

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

^ Almost never has a clue what s/he is talking about. Makes up straw-man arguments to combat rather than debating someone's actual thoughts. Just FYI. Marvel fanboy/fangirl and DC hater.

You can go on FB/Twitter/any social media and never see that "rallying cry" be posted by anyone with legitimate criticism.

Says the person who essentially says "get woke, go broke" with every post.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So what do you call it when Marvel changed The Ancient One from a Tibetan monk to a Caucasian Celtic druid so as not to impact its China Box Office market sales?

What I had said, an example of Marvel appealing to the market forces of a particular demographic, in this case, trying not to offend China moviegoers by using a tired stereotype.

I'd also call it a good storytelling choice. Kamar-Taj is a worldly place, and not exclusive to Chinese. You already had one featured wizard of Chinese descent, Wong. To have yet another featured wizard, the Ancient One, also be Chinese would have been redundant. Diversity adds interest, despite what trolls whine about.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Says the person who essentially says "get woke, go broke" with every post.

Perfect example.

You and Chuck (among others) like to make accusations about people, without evidence, when you're backed into a corner. The same old SJW/PC "you're a racist/sexist" without any substance. You're simply 100% incorrect. It's odd that someone tries to be "PC" while being objectively wrong. Bizarre concept if you ask me.

Any character can be any race and any gender. Said character will be accepted if s/he is portrayed well and/or within a good story. Black Panther is and was. Captain Marvel isn't and wasn't.

And before you try the sexist angle - the first 2 hours of Wonder Woman are great. And massively in-part due to Gal Gadot.

It's okay to be wrong. It's okay for other people to have differing opinions. It's okay to recognize that there's garbage in cinema and in this world. Accept the fact, gracefully. Nothing matters - and that's okay.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

What I had said, an example of Marvel appealing to the market forces of a particular demographic, in this case, trying not to offend China moviegoers by using a tired stereotype.

I'd also call it a good storytelling choice. Kamar-Taj is a worldly place, and not exclusive to Chinese. You already had one featured wizard of Chinese descent, Wong. To have yet another featured wizard, the Ancient One, also be Chinese would have been redundant. Diversity adds interest, despite what trolls whine about.

That's not it! But I appreciate you trying.

WHAT IS CHINA’S ARGUMENT ON TIBET?

Tibet was taken over by China in the 1950's, I believe. Any mention of Tibet in a positive way is deemed offensive to the Chinese government. So in this case, Disney changed the character heritage and lore so as to ensure it landed a positive response in the region. It had nothing to do about a 'tired stereotype'. Kind of like with WB using Katana in Suicide Squad. The Japanese Rising Sun design is offensive to Chinese leaders because of the war atrocities of WW II when Japanese forces invaded their lands. So having her appear with that symbol partly killed playing that film across the Mainland.

Edited by Bosco685
Included a link to educate our woke members