• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Beige said:

Has to be vs The Black Knight surely?

Nathan Garrett - they defeat him, so at the end he reveals the whereabouts of Sir Percy's sword to Dane Whitman (Kit Harrrington).

I know Harrington is in The Eternals, but I think he won't actually be seeking to be the Black Knight until the very end of The Eternals - when he is watching Ant-Man and The Wasp kill Garrett.As we all know Garrett urges Whitman to restore the honour of the Black Knight.

So basically this film in 2022 will be set at the end of the the 2020 Eternals.

Garrett has to be in there somewhere otherwise Dane Whitman can't find the sword to actually BE The Black Knight (and Whitmans intro to The Avengers is when they attack him thinking he is Garrett) - and Feige has already said he's signed up for 3 movies.

Eternals

Ant-Man #3

Captain Britain and The Black Knight (aka Excalibur)

Or, I'm talking bollox.

Again. :headbang:

I'm not sure why you would think an Ant-Man and the Wasp sequel would have anything to do with the Eternals and the Black Knight other than they're both MCU.

I think when Dane Whitman appears in the Eternals movie next year, it will be in medieval Arthurian times, and it will just be Dane Whitman. I think he will only be in it for a small portion of the film in the past, and will serve mostly to help tell Sersi's story. This movie is about the Eternals, not the Black Knight. Also introducing a Nathan Garrett is too much Black Knight. It will probably just be Dane Whitman.

I think if the MCU attempts to bring the Black Knight into the modern era, it might be through Captain Britain where Braddock inherits the sword, which may turn out to be Excalibur.

Of course that may also be bollocks (love that word).

I think Ant-Man 3 may serve better as the way the MCU introduces the Fantastic Four.

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not sure why you would think an Ant-Man and the Wasp sequel would have anything to do with the Eternals and the Black Knight other than they're both MCU.

I think when Dane Whitman appears in the Eternals movie next year, it will be in medieval Arthurian times, and it will just be Dane Whitman. I think he will only be in it for a small portion of the film in the past, and will serve mostly to help tell Sersi's story. This movie is about the Eternals, not the Black Knight. Also introducing a Nathan Garrett is too much Black Knight. It will probably just be Dane Whitman.

I think if the MCU attempts to bring the Black Knight into the modern era, it might be through Captain Britain where Braddock inherits the sword, which may turn out to be Excalibur.

Of course that may also be bollocks (love that word).

I think Ant-Man 3 may serve better as the way the MCU introduces the Fantastic Four.

Sir Percy has been confirmed already so you may be right, or as you say, we are both talking bollox!

The only reason I thought Black Knight with Ant-Man and The wasp, was that the BK was their major nemesis at one time.

681319382_TTA52CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.73ef9272c28d8cdac04afc60423438b6.jpg

Edited by Beige

6 minutes ago, Beige said:

Sir Percy has been confirmed already so you may be right, or as you say, we are both talking bollox!

The only reason I thought Black Knight with Ant-Man and The wasp, was that the BK was their major nemesis at one time.

681319382_TTA52CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.73ef9272c28d8cdac04afc60423438b6.jpg

Ah, interesting. I'll have to read up on that issue in my Marvel Unlimited.

I thought Kit Harrington was confirmed to be Dane Whitman in the Eternals movie.

Remember, the MCU tends to change a lot of things from the comics for simplification. Kevin Feige is on record saying he doesn't like complicated confusing storylines. Most likey there will just be one Black Knight, and I do think they leave the character in the past, and make Brian Braddock (or Betsy?) the inheritor of the Sword, which again, I think will be Excalibur as that historical icon is what will resonate with general non-comic book audiences.

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ah, interesting. I'll have to read up on that issue in my Marvel Unlimited.

I thought Kit Harrington was confirmed to be Dane Whitman in the Eternals movie.

Remember, the MCU tends to change a lot of things from the comics for simplification. Kevin Feige is on record saying he doesn't like complicated confusing storylines. Most likey there will just be one Black Knight, and I do think they leave the character in the past, and make Brian Braddock (or Betsy?) the inheritor of the Sword, which again, I think will be Excalibur as that historical icon is what will resonate with general non-comic book audiences.

I need to edit  - Iron Man killed Nathan Garrett, not Ant/Giant Man.

Garrett kidnaps Happy Hogan and falls from his winged horse while trying to kill Iron Man.The dying Garrett summons his nephew Dane Whitman to their family estate, reveals his secret identity and repents for his life of crime, with Whitman deciding to adopt the Black Knight identity himself.Garrett leaves the Black Knight ancestrial Castle to Whitman as well - and the location of Sir Percy Of Scandia's blade.

I dunno  - Garrett was in a lot of related series all from the MCU - I think he's probably too big to leave out completely  Courtesy good old Wiki:

Professor Nathan Garrett is the distant direct descendant of Sir Percy, and was born in London, England. He becomes a biologist, research scientist, and university professor. He then became the head of an espionage ring, and was captured by the hero Giant-Man. Garrett fled to Europe, where he found Sir Percy's tomb and the Ebony Blade. Garrett's evil tendencies make him unworthy of wielding the sword, and he is shunned by Sir Percy's ghost. The embittered Garrett then devises an arsenal of medieval weapons that employ modern technology (including a lance that fired bolts of energy) and genetically engineers and creates a winged horse called Aragorn. Calling himself the "Black Knight", Garrett embarks on a career as a professional criminal to spite his ancestor. He battled Giant-Man again and the Wasp but is defeated.

Garrett joins the super-villain team the Masters of Evil at the request of master villain Baron Heinrich Zemo, and spreads Adhesive X over the city. However, with the help of jailed villain Paste-Pot Pete, the Avengers find an antidote and the Teen Brigade apply it to the containers, causing it to free the people. The Black Knight is defeated by Thor, as Captain America had decided to catch the Masters of Evil off guard by the Avengers 'switching' foes. He later attacked Stark Industries' plant to lure the hero Iron Man into battle, and was defeated. Alongside the Masters of Evil, he again battled the Avengers and is captured.

The Black Knight was among the villains assembled by Doctor Doom to destroy the Fantastic Four.

Garrett kidnaps Happy Hogan and falls from his winged horse while trying to kill Iron Man.Mortally wounded, the dying Garrett summons his nephew Dane Whitman to their family estate, reveals his secret identity and repents for his life of crime, with Whitman deciding to adopt the Black Knight identity himself.

After his death, Garrett is resurrected by Immortus as a member of the Legion of the Unliving. He battled Hank Pym once more, and "dies" again. His horse is found by Victoria Frankenstein, great-granddaughter of Victor Frankenstein (creator of Frankenstein's Monster) who, using her ancestor's methods, tried to restore it to normal, but instead only mutated it further. Now called the Hellhorse, it later became the property of the supervillain Dreadknight.

He just seems to be the glue that holds 'The Black Knight' together - Percy, to Garrett to Whitman - The Ebony Blade, the link to the Eternals 'multiverse' as Whitman goes off killing every Sersei - has to pass between these 3 incarnations. It doesn't have to be a 3 hour tale, but without all 3 major Black Knights being fully fleshed out, the power of the blade can't really be understood by the average Joe who doesn't read this silly stuff!

Again though - I'm probably talking bollocks! :grin:

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Why does he have such a punch-able face?

Because, at least in those mock-ups, he is channeling a sulky little kid.

image.png.f473d564499147cc24ab6d578df150f4.png

Edited by RedRaven

While all news sources involved here are dubious, it's still going to happen. Captain Marvel will be the new leader of the Avengers in the MCU. And it won't be a shoehorn. Carol Danvers will be the right leader at the right time for the right reason.

https://www.unionjournalism.com/2020/03/24/confirmed-brie-larsons-captain-marvel-will-lead-the-new-team-in-an-upcoming-avengers-5/

Edited by @therealsilvermane

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Actually - she isn't.

Hey, it has to be reputable.

Recently an inside source close to Marvel Studios reported to We Got This Covered that the studio has reportedly agreed to allow Larson (with her character, Captain Marvel) to lead a new team obviously with mind-blowing superheroes, either new or old, in another upcoming ambitious project—Avengers 5.

Aashish Dotel
I'm an ambitious teen at the nineteens with an open mind to learn and pick up the intensities of life. I live with my parents. I found writing would bring sort of glee in my mood and started doing the same back then. I am a student and I don't have much working history. Apart from that, I love to travel and criticize everything. I love to disappear into language and literature. No judgments, I'm as raw as they come.

We got this covered just publishes everything is going to happen. This way when one things lands, they can proclaim "SEE?!"

:insane:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Hey, it has to be reputable.

We got this covered just publishes everything is going to happen. This way when one things lands, they can proclaim "SEE?!"

:insane:

All I could do is :roflmao: at the use of "confirmed". No, not confirmed. Not at all.