• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Actually - she isn't.

Didn’t say she is, but that she will be. At the end of Endgame, there wasn’t a government sanctioned Avengers team anyway. But with Nick Fury back in the mix, the Avengers will be back and Carol Danvers will take the lead, when it comes to the next Thanos-level threat anyway. 

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Hey, it has to be reputable.

We got this covered just publishes everything is going to happen. This way when one things lands, they can proclaim "SEE?!"

:insane:

That’s why I led with my disclaimer of the dubious news source. But MCU news is slim pickings at the moment and it involves Captain Marvel so I’ll take it. But whether We Got This Covered or Variety says it, this is going to happen.

15 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Didn’t say she is, but that she will be. At the end of Endgame, there wasn’t a government sanctioned Avengers team anyway. But with Nick Fury back in the mix, the Avengers will be back and Carol Danvers will take the lead, when it comes to the next Thanos-level threat anyway. 

She actually won't be. Carol Danvers will be lucky to even be an Avenger at all. She won't be close to the helm - despite your delusional fantasy.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

She actually won't be. Carol Danvers will be lucky to even be an Avenger at all. She won't be close to the helm - despite your delusional fantasy.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

OP characters with no personality are definitely the wrong people to lead the next Avengers.

Ha ha, okay. Not only was Carol Danvers the inspiration for Nick Fury's hero Initiative in the MCU, but her call sign "Avenger" was also his inspiration for the Initiative's name! Captain Marvel, who also has the company's name in her moniker, inspired the freaking Avengers! She's, like, the ultimate Avenger!

So you don't like Carol's personality or accuse her of not having one and thus can't lead a team of heroes. But who said one has to have a "personality" to be a leader? In fact, having too much of a personality can be a hindrance to being a good leader. Tony Stark, who is a self-centered womanizing eccentric d-bag, isn't leader material. According to SHIELD's assessment, he was hardly fit to be an Avenger. Thor, an arrogant windbag who wilts at defeat, himself realizes he currently isn't fit to be King of Asgard. Scott Lang, a clown, isn't fit to be a leader, either. But all three have colorful personalities.

Steve Rogers, on the other hand, could be accused of not having much of a personality, especially early on. But he's been the field leader of the Avengers since day one. Carol Danvers actually has more of a personality than Steve Rogers. She's more of an extrovert. She has a better sense of humor. We know more about her past life than we do Rogers. And she had an actual job in the military before becoming super-powered. So yeah, Carol Danvers does have a personality.

Both Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers are also ruled by their heart, but in different ways. Steve Rogers sees the good in a macro big picture kind of way. He doesn't like bullies, wants to fight the bad guys for the greater good. He's not great at personal relationships. Carol Danvers, on the other hand, sees the good in a more micro kind of way. Though she fights for bad guys in the beginning, she develops strong inter-personal relationships. She's more of a people person than Steve Rogers. Throughout Captain Marvel, she develops strong personal ties with Fury, Maria, Talos. Rogers sees the heart of the world, Danvers sees the heart of a person.

Not sure why I went down this rabbit hole now but I guess I'm saying Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel is the obvious pick for future leader of the Avengers. As Dr Erskine says, she "is the clear choice."

17 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ha ha, okay. Not only was Carol Danvers the inspiration for Nick Fury's hero Initiative in the MCU, but her call sign "Avenger" was also his inspiration for the Initiative's name! Captain Marvel, who also has the company's name in her moniker, inspired the freaking Avengers! She's, like, the ultimate Avenger!

So you don't like Carol's personality or accuse her of not having one and thus can't lead a team of heroes. But who said one has to have a "personality" to be a leader? In fact, having too much of a personality can be a hindrance to being a good leader. Tony Stark, who is a self-centered womanizing eccentric d-bag, isn't leader material. According to SHIELD's assessment, he was hardly fit to be an Avenger. Thor, an arrogant windbag who wilts at defeat, himself realizes he currently isn't fit to be King of Asgard. Scott Lang, a clown, isn't fit to be a leader, either. But all three have colorful personalities.

Steve Rogers, on the other hand, could be accused of not having much of a personality, especially early on. But he's been the field leader of the Avengers since day one. Carol Danvers actually has more of a personality than Steve Rogers. She's more of an extrovert. She has a better sense of humor. We know more about her past life than we do Rogers. And she had an actual job in the military before becoming super-powered. So yeah, Carol Danvers does have a personality.

Both Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers are also ruled by their heart, but in different ways. Steve Rogers sees the good in a macro big picture kind of way. He doesn't like bullies, wants to fight the bad guys for the greater good. He's not great at personal relationships. Carol Danvers, on the other hand, sees the good in a more micro kind of way. Though she fights for bad guys in the beginning, she develops strong inter-personal relationships. She's more of a people person than Steve Rogers. Throughout Captain Marvel, she develops strong personal ties with Fury, Maria, Talos. Rogers sees the heart of the world, Danvers sees the heart of a person.

Not sure why I went down this rabbit hole now but I guess I'm saying Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel is the obvious pick for future leader of the Avengers. As Dr Erskine says, she "is the clear choice."

Her existence - a super-human being - is not a personality trait. Just because Fury was inspired to find more heroes (better ones with personality) means literally nothing.

How can I dislike a personality that doesn't exist...? People don't follow others who have no charisma. Have you ever thought this through? Guarantee you Marvel has. ;) Iron Man led the Avengers in every movie. Co-led with Cap half of the time. That's charisma. That is what Marvel will be looking for. Not a tone-deaf emotionless dingus. :)

I ignored your rant after the 2nd paragraph. My point is concise enough.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Her existence - a super-human being - is not a personality trait. Just because Fury was inspired to find more heroes (better ones with personality) means literally nothing.

How can I dislike a personality that doesn't exist...? People don't follow others who have no charisma. Have you ever thought this through? Guarantee you Marvel has. ;) Iron Man led the Avengers in every movie. Co-led with Cap half of the time. That's charisma. That is what Marvel will be looking for. Not a tone-deaf emotionless dingus. :)

I ignored your rant after the 2nd paragraph. My point is concise enough.

Ha ha, I don't remember Fury requiring personality as a qualifying hero trait, but okay. Although I do remember Stark's overbearing personality as initially disqualifying him as an Avenger. In the military, a soldier with too much personality can be a hindrance, that's why they try to beat it out of you in basic training. It's all moot, though, because Carol Danvers (in the MCU) actually has quite a bit of personality. In comparison to Steve Rogers (because that's who she's replacing spiritually), she's more outgoing, is a better people person, and has a better sense of humor. Sure, she doesn't have the charm or charisma of Tony Stark, but who does? But I think it's maybe more charm because nobody seems to really respect Stark except Peter Parker. And btw, Stark was only leader of the Avengers for a short time in Civil War when Cap went rogue, and under Stark's leadership, the Avengers fell to pieces. Charisma, or rather charm, only gets you so far. Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers, as well as Rhodes and Sam, both being former military, understand the soldier and the one unit mentality. That's why Carol Danvers and Sam Wilson will emerge as the leaders of the Avengers in Phase Five and beyond.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

24 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

In the military, a soldier with too much personality can be a hindrance, that's why they try to beat it out of you in basic training. 

This must come from your years of commando operations around your backyard as you and other kids worked together to take out the enemy command post flag - better known as 'Billy's underwear on a stick'.

kidwarrior01.jpg.54321a3399805a8a23c63f82da2c09ef.jpg

No, Sergeant Crock, the military doesn't beat the personality out of people. It forces you to acknowledge team over individual along with teaching you as an individual how much you can deal with in stressful situations.

Thank you for your service, though.

WOLVERINES!

57_dfd20c1f-7da5-4a80-b95f-fb9690bb731c_

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ha ha, I don't remember Fury requiring personality as a qualifying hero trait, but okay. Although I do remember Stark's overbearing personality as initially disqualifying him as an Avenger. In the military, a soldier with too much personality can be a hindrance, that's why they try to beat it out of you in basic training. It's all moot, though, because Carol Danvers (in the MCU) actually has quite a bit of personality. In comparison to Steve Rogers, because that's who she's replacing spiritually, she's more outgoing, is a better people person, and has a better sense of humor. Sure, she doesn't have the charm or charisma of Tony Stark, but who does? With Stark I think it's more charm, because nobody seems to really respect Stark except Peter Parker. And btw, Stark was only leader of the Avengers for a short time in Civil War when Cap went rogue, and under Stark's leadership, the Avengers fell to pieces. Charisma, or rather charm, only gets you so far. Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers, as well as Rhodes and Sam, both being former military, understand the soldier and the one unit mentality. That's why Carol Danvers and Sam Wilson will emerge as the leaders of the Avengers in Phase Five and beyond.

She doesn't, though. The plank from Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy has more personality. She's literally nothing close to Steve Rogers in any way, shape, or form. Not outgoing, not a better "people person", and she certainly ain't funny. She's introverted, self-centered, and wants to go everything alone. Did you watch Endgame...? At this point I am wondering if you even watch the movies...

No one respects Tony Stark? Lmfao. Oh boy. Now I'm certain you don't even watch the movies. Just trolling these boards. :facepalm::roflmao:

Tony Stark led the Avengers in Age of Ultron (upgrades everyone's suits, leads the first battle in Sokovia, Stark Tower becomes Avengers Tower, takes the lead on the Scepter, etc etc etc). He led them in Civil War in its totality. The old Avengers "are toast" in Infinity War, but there are still Stark's Avengers. "Kid, you're an Avenger now."

I can't believe that I have to explain any of this to an "MCU fan"...

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

No, Sergeant Crock, the military doesn't beat the personality out of people. It forces you to acknowledge team over individual along with teaching you as an individual how much you can deal with in stressful situations.

Uh, the military totally beats the "I" out of "WIE". I guess you haven't seen Full Metal Jacket.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

"I sat through Private Ryan - where's my Purple Heart?"

I was LMFAOing at the show Chicago PD the other day. They had an episode in which they called M855 rifle ammo "cop killers". :roflmao:

It's sad to see people take movies and television as gospel about anything. They wouldn't be entertainment if they were real.

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Tony Stark led the Avengers in Age of Ultron (upgrades everyone's suits, leads the first battle in Sokovia, Stark Tower becomes Avengers Tower, takes the lead on the Scepter, etc etc etc). He led them in Civil War in its totality. The old Avengers "are toast" in Infinity War, but there are still Stark's Avengers. "Kid, you're an Avenger now."

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

At this point I am wondering if you even watch the movies...

???!!??

Who's the one that doesn’t watch the movies!? At the opening of Avengers Age of Ultron, it's Captain America being the field general in the attack on Strucker's compound. He even tells JARVIS what to do. Before the Avengers go in to Sokovia, it's Cap giving the inspirational speech/general orders of what they need to do. And at the end of the movie, it's Cap who's about to say "Assemble!" to the new Avengers.

At the beginning of Civil War, it's Cap leading these same new Avengers in the Africa mission. Stark is more like an executive consultant who backs the Accords. He doesn't lead anything until Cap goes rogue, and thus the Avengers fall apart leading into Infinity War. But then Cap is the de facto leader again in the attack on Wakanda.

Since the first Avengers movie to the last battle in Endgame, Captain America has been the sole leader of the Avengers.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was LMFAOing at the show Chicago PD the other day. They had an episode in which they called M855 rifle ammo "cop killers". :roflmao:

It's sad to see people take movies and television as gospel about anything. They wouldn't be entertainment if they were real.

I still remember the Black Talon uproar.