• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

The EIN is the tax exemption number used to search the IRS database - this link will show you the details about the company using that EIN (Berkbridge Foundation).

image.thumb.png.5d2f9a38c93c1157c2936b607db25753.png

And this means that the seller is the Berkbridge Foundation? Donating the proceeds to themselves, to be used charitably? Or a seller named Berkbridge, donating proceeds to the Berkbridge Foundation?

24 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And this means that the seller is the Berkbridge Foundation? Donating the proceeds to themselves, to be used charitably? Or a seller named Berkbridge, donating proceeds to the Berkbridge Foundation?

That first screenshot is from their eBay page. You can't set up an eBay page representing a charity without providing things like the EIN or Charity ID number. The thing that's confusing people is they are registered in Nevada and selling in San Diego. As a non-profit, they can operate anywhere in the U.S. since they have to file annually to both the State of Nevada and the IRS.

Their eBay page.

Edited by comicwiz

21 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

But to me this whole thing reeks.

Can't think of any grounds to disagree with this opinion.

What's the difference in the net take of $118,000, free and clear, versus $118,000 minus taxes, ebay, and paypal fees? Plus income tax on any portion of that $118,000 that went in pocket rather than to restock merchandise?

25 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no evidence online of:

• Any charitable activity or testimonials from charity recipients
  • Any fundraising activity, other than selling comic books -- what charity have you ever heard of that doesn't have an online donation page or a chance to buy tickets to their upcoming fundraising event?
  • Any opportunities to volunteer to help in the charitable work
  • Any invitations to people in need who might benefit from the supposed charitable work (for example, a hotline or web contact form)
  • Any web or social media presence -- again, are you aware of any charity that doesn't promote itself to prospective donors, volunteers, or charity recipients?
  • Any ratings from trusted sources on charitable organizations
  • Any of the paperwork they're supposed to file

I respect all those who are trying to give this organization the benefit of the doubt.  But to me this whole thing reeks.

I would question how you could legitimately discriminate against single fathers as well.

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

If @BerkbridgeFoundation Doesn’t at least attempt to clarify things I think it’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

Absent since early morning. But auctions are still up! (just checked...,)

I think it's actually just Berkbridge, the eBay seller.

Just now, Artboy99 said:
39 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Which one?

Pervert.

you keep watching my live stream. Who is the perv?

Not enough going on there to warrant a view.  :eyeroll: