• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
4 4

680 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2024 at 6:10 PM, drotto said:

Vermithor was Viserys' dragon and had not been claimed since his death.

The wiki says Vermithor's last rider was Jaehaerys who preceded Viserys as king.  Viserys rode the biggest known dragon Balerion until it died of old age, and after that rode no other dragon.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/29/2024 at 6:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

The wiki says Vermithor's last rider was Jaehaerys who preceded Viserys as king.  Viserys rode the biggest known dragon Balerion until it died of old age, and after that rode no other dragon.

Ok got it wrong, but same general idea.  Biggest thing is a dragon only excepts one rider at a time.

Several scenes from the Season 2 finale — scheduled to air on Aug. 4 — leaked onto TikTok on Tuesday night, just five days before the episode will air on HBO and stream on Max. One TikTok account posted 14 videos and roughly 30 minutes of footage from the unaired finale; the videos had approximately 50,000 to 100,000 views at the time of this article’s publication. Roughly three hours after the videos were posted, the TikTok account was banned, but the videos have made their way onto Twitter/X and Reddit.

The situation mirrors what happened to the “House of the Dragon” Season 1 finale, which leaked online two days before its air date in October 2022. That previous leak came from a distribution partner in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, according to HBO at the time. Variety has reached out to HBO and TikTok for comment on the Season 2 finale leak, but has not immediately heard back from either.

On 8/4/2024 at 5:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

Stretching the cost of the upcoming very expensive episodes over 5 seasons instead of 4 is definitely a viable explanation for why this season would be only 8 episodes.  So 10 episodes first season plus 8 episodes per season for four more seasons is 42, which is close to that estimate Martin gave that the show would be 40 episodes.

Decent episode.  I guess we're to assume Alicent told Aegon to leave King's Landing, so the war still rages on.  I wasn't clear on what Alicent was doing at the very end--is she leaving King's Landing too?  If she doesn't then she's risking Rhaenyra's wrath when she arrives and Aegon is gone...

Anyone have a guess why they showed Otto Hightower in prison right at the end?  Last we saw him Aegon dismissed him as his Hand, and then he just disappeared I thought.

Why did Daemon see Daenerys in his fever dream?  Was it just fan service, or was it supposed to mean something?  The only thing I can think of is that Rhaenyra is a distant great-grandmother of Daenerys, and perhaps the dream was trying to tell him that without Rhaenyra there would be no Daenerys, and without Daenerys the army of the dead would rampage over Westeros.  Although I'd really have to think that through since it was Arya who killed the Night King, but if you subtracted Daenerys from Game of Thrones would Arya ever have had her chance?  hm

On 8/5/2024 at 12:26 AM, fantastic_four said:

Decent episode.  I guess we're to assume Alicent told Aegon to leave King's Landing, so the war still rages on.  I wasn't clear on what Alicent was doing at the very end--is she leaving King's Landing too?  If she doesn't then she's risking Rhaenyra's wrath when she arrives and Aegon is gone...

Anyone have a guess why they showed Otto Hightower in prison right at the end?  Last we saw him Aegon dismissed him as his Hand, and then he just disappeared I thought.

Why did Daemon see Daenerys in his fever dream?  Was it just fan service, or was it supposed to mean something?  The only thing I can think of is that Rhaenyra is a distant great-grandmother of Daenerys, and perhaps the dream was trying to tell him that without Rhaenyra there would be no Daenerys, and without Daenerys the army of the dead would rampage over Westeros.  Although I'd really have to think that through since it was Arya who killed the Night King, but if you subtracted Daenerys from Game of Thrones would Arya ever have had her chance?  hm

Let's see if Emergency Awesome covers this enough

On 8/5/2024 at 4:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

You really need to know Game of Thrones lore to get all those references. But I liked how it drove home the relevance of Fire & Ice.

Screenshot_20240805-0435292.thumb.png.8f007d8912d8724240419266d947788a.png

That vision doesn't appear to be a delusion like all of the others he had this season, it looks like a premonition--the same Song of Ice and Fire that Viserys said Aegon the Conqueror had.

What confuses me is that it flew by in his vision so rapidly how could he be so sure the army of the dead was real or what it was doing?  Maybe Rhaenyra was right when she confronted Daemon in this episode and Viserys also told Daemon about the Song of Ice and Fire that he told Rhaenyra about and mumbled to Alicent on his death-bed that she understandably couldn't comprehend?

Meh, I guess we just accept it.  If it is the same or a similar vision that Aegon I had then who knows how he's so sure it's real, he just does while we viewers who didn't have the vision burned into our brain like he did have to re-watch this several times or study still frames such as the ones you linked to know what's going on.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/5/2024 at 8:37 AM, I like pie said:

I enjoyed this season but the last episode fell flat.

I was definitely expecting more action like the season 1 finale had, but I generally enjoyed it anyway.

On 8/5/2024 at 5:37 AM, I like pie said:

I enjoyed this season but the last episode fell flat.

I agree with you.  In fact, this whole 2nd season fell flat.  The "war" has been stretched too long, mostly posturing with a single battle taking place over the course of the season.

On 8/5/2024 at 10:55 AM, Deathlok said:

I agree with you.  In fact, this whole 2nd season fell flat.  The "war" has been stretched too long, mostly posturing with a single battle taking place over the course of the season.

Martin stretches everything.  Whether or not it's too long is debatable, but this series has definitely moved MUCH more rapidly than the first six season of Game of Thrones, and when the showrunners tried to speed up the pace in season 7 and 8 of that show fans revolted, so it seems to me most fans prefer the slow pace.

The biggest battles are yet to come.  As the video Bosco shared a few posts back had this season been 10 episodes we would have probably seen the biggest battle to date as the season finale, but the showrunners decided to save that for next season.  Next season in general should have a LOT more battles than this one did, and I think we saw a few scenes from those battles in Daemon's Ice and Fire vision.