• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

491 posts in this topic

I liked it.

I didn't feel it was a rehash of the old story as the original series focuses on the war of multiple rulers from different families trying to be the high king. To include the War of the Five Kings.

House of Dragons looks to focus on in-house fighting of House Targaryen between two heirs (one former, one the new designate).

I wouldn't assume 'girl with white hair - therefore Daenerys'. She had to fight her way from being on the run to leading an army. The new show, this woman is on the verge of power once her father passes or renounces his title.

Enjoyed it.  Was suitably "Games of Thrones-ish."  

Real question for me is if the series will be capable of surprising us along the way.  I think that was what made Game of Thrones what it was.  The way it managed to subvert audience expectations on a regular basis.  This show is - currently - setting up a fairly straightforward conflict.  So, will they just, do that, or will it become something else?  

On 8/22/2022 at 5:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Some are saying it was Amazon Fire Stick users.

I'm not surprised. I avoid FireTV devices at all costs. You'd think with as much money as the company has, they'd be able to put out a competent streamer. I know they hold a huge market share because they are always blowing out their devices at crazy prices, but I've never been impressed. I've been with Roku since its first box launched and most recently started migrating everything to AppleTV as I've adopted a lot of HomeKit products. I know the Shield has its fans, too. 

Anyway...I thought the show was great. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing where they take this.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I thought the first episode was okay. No major errors, and it set the table for what is to come.  I was pretty put off by the king's stubble. He doesn't strike me as very regal, and the long haired blondes are too similar to Peter Jacksons elves. 

Are these going to follow any of the books or is this uncharted territory?

I really liked the first ep and after seeing the "in the coming episodes" portion it looks pretty good.  I already wonder how many seasons this will take on, hope its at least 8. 

Great first episode.  They did a very good job a laying the foundation and helping people who never saw GOT (however few that may be) a good starting point without being completely lost.  Characters looked great.  Dragons looked great.  Stayed fairly honest to the book.

***Looking forward to the next episode

I dropped HBO Max a while back and will be signing up again as I want to see this series. :boo:

For anyone else who might be in the same boat.....HBO Max is running a special right now. 

If you sign up for a year, you get over 40 percent off (this offer ends October 30, 2022).  

Price with adds for a year is $69.99 (which works out to only $5.83 a month)......or without adds for a year is $104.99 (which works out to only $8.75 a month)

On 8/24/2022 at 12:46 AM, Domo Arigato said:

HBO Max is running a special right now. 

If you sign up for a year, you get over 40 percent off (this offer ends October 30, 2022).  

Price with adds for a year is $69.99 (which works out to only $5.83 a month)......or without adds for a year is $104.99 (which works out to only $8.75 a month)

In Canada, I am streaming all the hot TV series (Disney+/MCU/Star Wars, HBO, Netlfix) and movies (e.g. Prey, Predator 5) for FREE with NO ads using Movies2Watch.to. Should work in USA and internationally. Can toggle to different countries to get for example S. Korean soap operas, Swedish crime dramas, Japan Matrix-type TV series with English sub-titles.  Don't have to give them your email or even sign up. Honestly, don't know how they make any $$ off of me at all with NO ads.