• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade this spiderman #13

34 posts in this topic

spotless,full gloss.....sharp corners..........off white pages.........no roll ...........no chipping in sight, 6 small cracks breaking color on the black part of the spine each one 2-3centimeters long and not reaching out onto the cover

let me know what you think!

1st Mysterio

hard to say, i don't keep data like some of the forum members here. maybe they'll see your post and bust out some past sales info for you. but i'll say around $800-1K. laugh.gif one sold on heritage back in october 2002 for $1381 blush.gif currently there's one up on comiclink for $1475 blush.gif

Nice book.

A slabbed 9.0 should bring in between $800-$1000.

I'm not saying it'a a 9.0, just commenting on what a 9.0 would bring in. I would say 8.5.

Murph, I don't know if you've totally lucked out with the slabs you've bought, but CGC does not grade nearly as strict as you consistently do on these threads. If they did, I would guess NM 9.4's wouldn't even exist on the census.

Look at Titan's, and look at this:

ASM13.jpg

From what you can see on both, which one would you say is better?

That one has less obvious spine stress but then has that slight overflash along the top that's slightly marked. Personally, I could see that one getting an 8.0-8.5

If these are seriously 8.5-9.0's I am TOTALLY getting screwed on my slabs. I have 9.0's that would blow those out of the water.

THIS is what I'd call a 9.0, the circle mark in the price box is on the slab. Notice the slight bump at the BLC, and a slight rounding of the TRC is all to be accounted for damage wise.

Brian

ASM35.jpg

brian,

that ASM 35 is a 9.0 would grade higher if the lower left corner was blunted like that. araich, watch the "blunted" jokes. but titan's book looks better, the book is supaglossy. laugh.gif

late,

pimpy

You're nuts maybe it is you that should lay off the pipe :\

I'd far rather have a flawless book with the only flaw being a miniscule spine corner bump then 3 noticable color breaking spine stress marks at least in a 9.0

Brian