• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade this spiderman #13

34 posts in this topic

Yeah, but I'm not talking about which looks nicer, but CGC's grading.

The 13 I posted is a CGC 9.0. Overall, I think Titan's is better.

Take a look at the ones on Heritage's past sales. Both are much more solid looking IMO. One of them has a couple spine stresses to a lesser degree then Titan's so based on that I'd give him an 8.0-8.5. Not to mention I guarantee the back cover isn't flawless on Titan's so we're really just grading based on the cover :\

Brian

Yep, that's why I posted it. I wanted to show that CGC's grading isn't consistently strict, especially on older books, and books like this that often suffer from a common defect(stressing on the black areas of the cover).

Man the 8.5 looks better then that 9.0, if only I still had that 9.0 I could've resubmitted. :\

Have you ever seen a 9.2 with a spine roll and two color breaking spine marks? Once I get home you will tongue.gif

Brian

I've seen enough copies of that book to warn you, CGC is very strict on these early Spideys, rightfully so, because there aren't very many of them out there & demand is high. I'd say you're looking at a 7.0 FN/VF at best on that one. You won't get anything near a 9.0 on it, I assure you. I bought a 9.0 that had a perfect spine, but did have a few minor defects (slightlyu rounded corner, etc.) but was happy with the strict grade. Good luck.

Well, someone should have told CGC that when they were grading the "9.0" I posted above. With the spine damage, peritimal wear, and CREAM pages, I would say that wasn't strictly graded.

The back cover is beautiful but the upper left corner looks significantly "rounded"..BUT CGC has shown not to grade the back cover as harshly. I think this book will get a solid 8.0, maybe eek out a 8.5, but it's a really nice copy and one i would be proud to own.

Back cover looks good except for that corner. Back covers that are THAT white sometimes spook me, but I think it's not that uncommon for this book to have white pages..so who knows smile.gif

Brian

the back cover is off-white and the upper left corner looks exagerated because the light is coming from the left but if you look at the back cover alone without the pages behind it its just as sharp as the front! anyway Ill be sending it tomorrow with a spiderman #40.