• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

Some nice books so far in this thread. I’ve only recently begun collecting newsstands and have been focusing on mostly post 2000 newsstands. I have quite a few Image Newsstands that some I’ve never seen available. I have a bunch of Witchblades, Darkness and Fathom. Most are for my personal collection although some are flips. The Witchblade #10 I Sold for $82.50.  Considering it was $25 for the 8 issue lot I did rather well. 

FFD62B91-86A5-4A19-AF04-106E6777B1DB.jpeg

84A8E6F4-6C5B-402A-9479-831008F77DF7.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith
Accuracy

I have a ton more pics but it’s my first post so I have to wait for them to be approved. I know the image newsstands I have are also price variants so cgc will list it on the label because of that. Witchblade #10 in high grade sells for around $80 or so. I’ve never seen anything earlier than The Darkness #6, Fathom #6 or Witchblade #6 in newsstand. I’ve been looking for sometime and have never seen anything earlier. 

35B01C28-7639-43DE-A741-96FB650CE9E0.jpeg

6ABC0AE5-64AD-4017-A79E-996B882FD852.jpeg

A52E1CD4-AE3A-4697-857F-EB8BB799838E.jpeg

Yeah they had them as well. I’ve yet to track down the first 5 issues of all the series. Haven’t seen them but I’m almost exclusively ordering through eBay and other places online.  My LCS is crowded with gamers and there’s limited room so I’m not in there long. Just to get bags and boards. Surprised the owner hasn’t tried to get my business with all the bags and boards I’m buying. I also have more and some newer copies are even nicer. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, Corona smith said:

Some nice books so far in this thread. I’ve only recently begun collecting newsstands and have been focusing on mostly post 2000 newsstands. I have quite a few Image Newsstands that some I’ve never seen available. I have a bunch of Witchblades, Darkness and Fathom. Most are for my personal collection although some are flips. The Witchblade #10 I Sold for $82.50.  Considering it was $25 for the 8 issue lot I did rather well. 

What is so special about Witchblade 10?  

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

What is so special about Witchblade 10?  

First appearance of the Darkness. Was an uber hot book for about 5 minutes back in 1997. There are 5 versions of it, too. It's a nifty book.

This is, by far, my favorite:

s-l1600.jpg

It was made just before eBay really took off, and gold foil variants were still pretty uncommon...I don't know how these were made available, except maybe at the Top Cow store. On top of the kickass cover, the gold foil really made it something special (and the first time anyone saw the Darkness logo.) There's a plain version without the foil,

For a while there it was a $25+ book....and this was in the 90s.

One of my absolute favorites.  

On 10/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, Corona smith said:

Does a witchblade 1 newsstand exist

5 hours ago, Corona smith said:

C80DFE69-21DA-47ED-B02E-8D0451BC682C.jpeg

Interestingly enough, this is the variant cover. It makes me wonder if the regular cover also had a newsstand version...

#1 did not appear on the newsstand. Probably the same is true for #2-5. 

Added to the list:

Spawn #137

Maxx #27

Savage Dragon #30

Curse of the Spawn #29

Spawn the Dark Ages #28

Witchblade #74

On 9/21/2019 at 2:40 PM, comics4all said:

@Wolverinex besides Spawn 1, are any of these Newsstands worth anything?

Witchblade #10, Any Spawn, Angela & Violator minis. All can go for good money in high grade. I’d be interested in seeing any possible later StormWatch written by Ellis as well. Or Authority but that’s a different publisher.  Idk if they even exist. Although RMA May have posted the last issue found in this thread. 

20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is, by far, my favorite:

s-l1600.jpg

It was made just before eBay really took off, and gold foil variants were still pretty uncommon...I don't know how these were made available, except maybe at the Top Cow store. On top of the kickass cover, the gold foil really made it something special (and the first time anyone saw the Darkness logo.) There's a plain version without the foil,

For a while there it was a $25+ book....and this was in the 90s.

One of my absolute favorites.  

Yeah it’s on my list of books to get. I have the regular non foil of that one. I also need to get the Dynamic Forces variant as well. I have 3 WB10’s newsstands in varying conditions. And a graded regular cover. I love Michael Turners Artwork so it's a no brainer when the newsstands pop up.  That’s a beautiful copy by the way. 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Yeah it’s on my list of books to get. I have the regular non foil of that one. I also need to get the Dynamic Forces variant as well. I have 3 WB10’s newsstands in varying conditions. And a graded regular cover. I love Michael Turners Artwork so it's a no brainer when the newsstands pop up.  That’s a beautiful copy by the way. 

What the heck is dynamic forces? Is that a store or something