• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

Did anyone else see this sale from just over a week ago? Spawn #70 direct and newsstand edition auction ended with 22 bids at over $400. And the newsstand didn’t even look 9.8 to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAWN-70-Newsstand-Direct-Edition-Variant-Covers-Rare-HTF-in-single-lot/163926034720?hash=item262ac0c920:g:bmMAAOSwP0Zdu3qs

8 hours ago, BishopT said:

Did anyone else see this sale from just over a week ago? Spawn #70 direct and newsstand edition auction ended with 22 bids at over $400. And the newsstand didn’t even look 9.8 to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAWN-70-Newsstand-Direct-Edition-Variant-Covers-Rare-HTF-in-single-lot/163926034720?hash=item262ac0c920:g:bmMAAOSwP0Zdu3qs

Seems kind of fishy. There were only 3 bidders. 1 shiller & 2 legit? 2 shillers & 1 legit? 

On 11/15/2019 at 12:34 AM, BishopT said:

Am I missing something? There’s only one other completed sale on eBay for that particular issue which went for only $10. It wasn’t listed as a newsstand and was part of a lot. So only 2 sales of that particular book in newsstand in the biggest marketplace online. All it takes is two people wanting a book for the price to go up. 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, comicsyte95 said:
On 1/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, fastballspecial said:

Can anyone tell me if the Image Coupon was including in Newsstand issues? I have a Spawn 4, but
I don't know if the coupon was included? Anyone know?

Pretty sure they were.

Still looking for any confirmation. Anyone got a 4 newsstand with the coupon? I cant find one anywhere that says 
it has it.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Still looking for any confirmation. Anyone got a 4 newsstand with the coupon? I cant find one anywhere that says 
it has it.

When I purchased mine from the newsstand a lifetime ago I recall them not having the coupons. This was confirmed by this. It states UPC Versions aka Newsstands didn’t come with the coupon. 

1667E434-95FE-4FA8-9478-1B96262A3DBD.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith
Accuracy

6 hours ago, Corona smith said:

When I purchased mine from the newsstand a lifetime ago I recall them not having the coupons. This was confirmed by this. It states UPC Versions aka Newsstands didn’t come with the coupon. 

1667E434-95FE-4FA8-9478-1B96262A3DBD.jpeg

Thank you I was pretty sure they didn't have the coupon, but I needed something concrete.
Thanks

2 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

A friend bought one and traded it with the coupon to me,It must have been direct.always assumed it was newsstand.:facepalm:

I think the easiest way to tell if it’s a newsstand is the UPC barcode that would appear on the front cover of that particular issue. Lol. Now almost all books have barcodes. I have various methods for spotting them but a sure fire way and please correct me if I’m wrong but Newsstands will have a separate 2 digit number at the end and directs will have 5 at the end. In newsstands that signifies the month. In direct it’s generally issue number, printing number and cover.