• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monsters to Laugh with 1

6 posts in this topic

No responses with the collective knowledge on mags around here?

I'm under the impression that Monsters to Laugh With 1 is the scarcest Marvel horror magazine to find in high grade. Might be the scarcest 60s first issue horror magazine to find in high grade. Any thoughts?

It’s one I haven’t gotten yet myself. I admit I haven’t put the same amount of energy hunting it as I have into other things, but in my search, there don’t seem to be high grade copies around. If I were to make a suggestion, it might be to check with Terry’s Comics, as he seems to have a fairly large magazine stash that isn’t on his website. 

I have at least one complete set in VF or better put together a few years ago. That would include the title change in #4-7 to Monsters Unlimited. It was an interesting part of early Marvel magazine publishing before they went all in by the 1970’s. Don’t remember it being any more difficult than other magazines of that era. hm

52 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I have at least one complete set in VF or better put together a few years ago. That would include the title change in #4-7 to Monsters Unlimited. It was an interesting part of early Marvel magazine publishing before they went all in by the 1970’s. Don’t remember it being any more difficult than other magazines of that era. hm

Thanks for sharing your insight nerv😊. I've been following this book for several years and have found one vf+ copy. I've come across several high grade copies of Pussycat 1. And unlike Pussycat 1, this is a green picture frame that's similar in ways to Daredevil Annual 3 - very difficult to find in high grade. The census is another indication of just where this book is not. It's plentiful in low grade but my guess is that first issues were read over and over. May also have to do with the fact that Dr. Acula's mag was so awesome when Stan and company tried to delve into the monster movie magazine market.

Edited by bronze johnny