• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION (2022)
1 1

119 posts in this topic

Colin Trevorrow has found a way to bring back the original cast of Jurassic Park, as the director announced that Laura Dern, Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum are set to reprise their iconic roles in Jurassic World 3.

Trevorrow revealed the exciting news at a Collider-hosted screening of Jurassic World at the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood on Tuesday night. And not only will Dern, Neill and Goldblum all be back, but they’ll all have sizable roles in the sequel. While Goldblum appeared in a small role in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Dern only returned to the franchise for a brief cameo in Jurassic Park III. Dern’s popularity as an actress has soared in the interim, and audiences will surely be tickled by the return of Dr. Ellie Sattler.

Plot details for Jurassic World 3 remain encased in amber, but Trevorrow will direct and co-write the --script with Emily Carmichael (Pacific Rim Uprising). When we last left the Jurassic World movies, a dinosaur auction had gone horribly wrong and the dinosaurs kept in the mansion had been unleashed upon the world by a little clone girl who felt a kinship with the animals.

Trevorrow recently released the short film Battle at Big Rock, which picks up one year after Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and shows the dinosaurs living in our world and creating a fight for survival. It remains to be seen whether or not the closing chapter of the Jurassic World trilogy follows suit (presumably it does since what would be the point of releasing the dinosaurs otherwise), but at least we’ll have the original Jurassic trio entering the fray.

Jurassic World 3 opens June 11, 2021.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I haven't seen Jurassic World 2. Did not look interesting at all. According to the Honest Trailer and Cinemasins - I didn't miss a thing.

The first two acts of Jurassic World 2 are really good. The third act loses its ways, and confuses me what they were thinking. It could have been an overall solid film.

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The first two acts of Jurassic World 2 are really good. The third act loses its ways, and confuses me what they were thinking. It could have been an overall solid film.

I would agree with you if it was 'the end'.

Perhaps it will be a better movie if the last act of JW2 is regarded more of a scene and JW3 is really not an isolated movie but a Part II to JW2.   Marvel movies have thrown Hollywood off kilter it seems in that no one seems to make isolated movies but are into this world building expansive decade long epic.  So due to that influence, it is almost like I cannot truly assess any of the movies in a franchise until I see how they fit into the bigger whole. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I would agree with you if it was 'the end'.

Perhaps it will be a better movie if the last act of JW2 is regarded more of a scene and JW3 is really not an isolated movie but a Part II to JW2.   Marvel movies have thrown Hollywood off kilter it seems in that no one seems to make isolated movies but are into this world building expansive decade long epic.  So due to that influence, it is almost like I cannot truly assess any of the movies in a franchise until I see how they fit into the bigger whole. 

hm

I hadn't thought of that.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

The future will prove that out.

:whatthe::baiting:

lol I don't get triggered butthurt like some across all avenues of the boards.  

I have a hell of a lot of respect for what you have done with this section of the boards. 

Jurassic World 3 Star Sam Neill Speaks Out on Delay After Coronavirus Shutdown 

Jurassic World 3 star Sam Neill speaks out on the production delay after the coronavirus shutdown. He talked to Variety about what he’s doing with all this downtime after the majority of the movie business shut down. Jurassic World: Dominion joins a host of other properties that have had to put things on pause after the pandemic spread. That doesn’t even begin to cover the movies that were just entering theaters or about to be released. In the last couple of weeks, Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984, No Time to Die, Fast & Furious 9, Mulan, and others all had to move their release dates. Luckily, the next dinosaur installment isn’t until next summer, but the filming is on the shelf for the moment.

“Suddenly, here we are. We have been cryogenically frozen, and “Jurassic World: Dominion” is on hold. Insects in amber. And like virtually every actor in the world right now, I’m not working. Dammit,” he began. “But we will return. We will. And what joy it will be to be back on a set, doing what I love best, with just the kind of people I love: other actors and all the remarkable people it takes to make a movie. That rare privilege. And to put things into perspective – there are many many worse things than a suspended movie.”

Neill continued, “So what to do in the meantime? Most importantly of course – stay home. And I find myself surprisingly busy there. Fact is, most of the time at work, you actually spend a fair bit of the day staring dully at a trailer wall. Instead, here I find myself being busy with all the things I’m usually too busy to get busy about. I’m playing my uke. I’m singing. I’m Skyping with my friends. I’m intimately involved in the rearing of my grandchildren 2000 miles away. I’m rediscovering poetry. I put silly stuff on social media to encourage people, to cheer them up with a message [ Twitter @twopaddocks Instagram – @samneilltheprop ].”

I get pleasure out of ironing my shirts and polishing a silver platter within an inch of its life. I’m reading great novels I’d never opened. I planted a shrub. There is beauty in the everyday,” he declared.

All I want is Crichton’s Jurassic Park and Lost World. They didn’t have the budget in the first movie for some of the novels larger action scenes. And the Lost World movie went way off track from the novel. But we will never get a proper Crichton version because dinosaurs + PG-13 = $.

Dinosaurs + R and you end up with a travesty like Carnosaur.

A new set photo from Jurassic World: Dominion teases a connection to The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3. After more than a decade had passed since the end of Steven Speilberg's original trilogy, Universal relaunched the Jurassic franchise in 2015. The new trilogy put Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard in the lead roles and showed the opening of Jurassic World. The sequel trilogy has continued to build off ideas the original Jurassic Park films dealt with, and Jurassic World 3 will now act as a bit of a culminating chapter.

The third film in the sequel trilogy will once again be directed by Colin Trevorrow, who directed Jurassic World but stepped aside on the sequel. One of the biggest selling points for Jurassic World: Dominion early on is the return of the original trilogy cast members. Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum are all returning for significant roles in the new movie. Several other connections to the previous films have been teased already, and now another one has been revealed.

Colin Trevorrow shared a set photo from Jurassic World: Dominion exclusively with Jurassic Outpost and it includes a reference to a familiar location. The image shows a cold storage container inside a lab, and the container has "Site B Isla Sorna" labeled on it. Isla Sorna was first seen in The Lost World and was later revisited during Jurassic Park 3.