• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION (2022)
1 1

119 posts in this topic

Universal Pictures‘ “Jurassic World Dominion” stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard have launched a competition for young U.K. fans of the dino franchise to design a British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) black card. The black card is the card that has the film’s rating and BBFC approval for cinematic screenings.

“This is your moment to put your mark on a piece of film history 65 million years in the making,” Pratt says in a short video released to accompany the competition launch while Howard suggests: “Get as creative as you want.”

As well as seeing their design on the big screen, the winner will also get a goody bag, a framed copy of the black card and the chance to take three people to a special screening of their film. The winning design will be shown before all screenings of “Jurassic World Dominion” which opens in the U.K. on June 10. The competition is open to residents of the U.K. aged 12-16. Download a competition template here – K.J. Yossman

‘Jurassic World Dominion’: Jeff Goldblum & Bryce Dallas Howard Intro Footage To Summer Extravaganza

Universal closed out its CinemaCon 2022 on Wednesday with more footage from its June 10 summer extravaganza, Jurassic World Dominion, with stars Bryce Dallas Howard and Jeff Goldblum on hand to send exhibitors off.

In the footage, we see both the casts from Jurassic Park — i.e., Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill, and the Jurassic World pair of Chris Pratt and Howard — as they search for the kidnapped baby of raptor Blue while massive dinosaurs wreak destruction on land and sea. Says Dern’s Ellie Sattler, “If our world is going to survive, what matters is what we do now.”

Saturday:  8 RT reviews

This morning:  8 RT reviews

Never seen this before.  Why would so few reviews make it up?  Was there a small handful of screenings and those 8 reviewers are the only ones RT uses who saw them?

North American premiere of “Jurassic World: Dominion” has officially concluded in Los Angeles and first reactions to the dino-centric sequel are pouring in online, with entertainment writers calling the follow-up everything from a good hit of nostalgia to downright bad. As with most sequels in the “Jurassic” series, “Dominion” is being met with a mixed response.

Universal has positioned “Dominion” as a finale for the franchise, organizing a round-up of “Jurassic” stars old and new. The film reunites Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum, who all starred in Steven Spielberg’s 1993 original. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return after starring in 2015’s “Jurassic World” and 2018’s “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” while series newcomers DeWanda Wise and Mamoudou Athie also join the cast of the new entry.

I go to see cool dinos.  If it's otherwise watchable that's a bonus.

The BBC just produced a revolutionary new dinosaur doc series with David Attenborough narrating called "Prehistoric Planet" that has CGI about as good as the Jurassic movies.  I hope there's a new trend of documentary-based dino shows in the future.  "Walking With Dinosaurs" from 1999 has long been a favorite of mine, although the CGI sucked compared to Jurassic Park movies so I still go to these movies for the dino action. 

My older brother convinced me to see Jurassic World in theaters back in 2015, and I had a lot of fun, though it's definitely not the best of the franchise.

I caught the sequel on TV, because the trailers sucked, lo and behold it was awful.

Based on the trailers, this one looked no better than the last. Again, I'll catch it on TV/streaming.