• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MADAME WEB Spidey spin-off (TBD)
4 4

366 posts in this topic

I literally have no idea, except for Madame Web and Black Cat, who these characters are. (shrug)

So there is no Spider-Man in it either - correct? :whatthe:

On 7/28/2022 at 10:13 PM, Beige said:

I literally have no idea, except for Madame Web and Black Cat, who these characters are. (shrug)

So there is no Spider-Man in it either - correct? :whatthe:

We don't know that yet.

There's a rumor though.

Spoiler

In the main comics, Cassandra Webb mutant, born blind, and paralyzed. However, she has gained telepathic abilities which has allowed her to become a clairvoyant. She is diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disease preventing her from walking and seeing, as she is linked to a life support system in the shape of a web. Instead of prowling the streets on her own, she guides others to do tasks for her.

Spoiler

Set photos of the movie from Spider-Man Brasil’s Twitter account show Johnson’s character as a paramedic, alongside Adam Scott’s undisclosed protagonist. Though one now assumes that the two of them are playing co-workers, since they are both paramedics. But Johnson does not look like Cassandra Webb in those scenes, but someone else. And since Julia Carpenter is historically known as Webb’s protégé, there’s a big reason to believe that this is who she will be playing.

Madame_Web01.thumb.PNG.addb0afa5fb2e1bcd0889921fa2cbaf5.PNG

After Cassandra Webb dies in the comics, Julia Carpenter, a former Spider-Woman, gains her abilities and becomes the new Madame Web. If Johnson is playing Carpenter, this could mean that Webb is already dead, or is about to die, and the movie will follow her journey as she becomes Madame Web, whilst ignoring her Spider-Woman past. I have no idea as to how exactly they will do that, but this seems like the most plausible theory.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

Peter's mother.

Mary_Parker.thumb.PNG.a58bdf598c2f9ff6325090c06f2f00c9.PNG

Thanks, that was my question. 

If they said Ben and May... okay

If they said Richard and Mary... okay

Mixing the two made me pause of a second and apparently others as well. 

The plot of the movie reportedly revolves around Madame Web (Dakota Johnson), Julia Carpenter (Sydney Sweeney), Mattie Franklin (Celeste O’Connor) and Anya Corazon (Isabela Merced) trying to protect Mary Parker (Emma Roberts) and her unborn child, Peter Parker. Adam Scott, who is playing Ben Parker, is also trying to protect Mary.

They will be trying to protect him from the villain of the movie who is played by Tahar Rahim. According to Daniel Richtman, Tahar is playing Ezekiel Sims.

In the comics Ezekiel Sims had nearly the same power set as Spider-Man including the ability to wall-crawl and have spider-sense. Sims gained his powers from a ritual and used his powers to create a powerful business empire. He would befriend Spider-Man only to turn on him later.

Madame_Web01.thumb.jpg.6b3d7f207ead55dc83e321df6515443f.jpg

Madame_Web02.thumb.jpg.2ab8142292b32e36f49c5e4206e9bc69.jpg

Merced is rumored to be playing Anya Corazón in Madame Web, also known as Spider-Girl. While speaking exclusively to Screen Rant for her upcoming movie Rosaline, Merced opens up about her experience on the new superhero movie. The actor shares just how intense the routine has been for her, explaining:

"It's been busy. I went straight from filming Turtles All the Way Down into that process of getting ready for Madam Web. I had to train, and I'm still training. I had a goal of wanting a six-pack, and I'm getting there when I'm flexed. Let's hope it just happens to show up when I'm standing somewhere. But it's been a long process. These movies are not small by any means, and they're organized to a certain extent. I've just been in for the ride and taking all of these pictures, because I want to remember everything. I want to post all these pictures once the movie comes out, because they're so fun and goofy. And I'm very excited to share."

I have zero interest in this.  They are making too many derivative characters for a money grab and out of laziness.  It will cause people to get bored and lose interest in the long run.  We should all be worried about this if we want the genre to survive! 

Edited by Xenosmilus

Madame Web is currently scheduled to be released in theaters on February 16, 2024. The release date was previously pushed back from July 7, 2023, to October 6, 2023, before it was moved again. Madame Web is planned to be the sixth movie in Sony’s Spider-Man Universe. It will come out four months after Kraven The Hunter, starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and one month after El Muerto, starring Bad Bunny.

Sony released a brief description about Madame Web back in July 2022. “The film will be an origin story of the clairvoyant [Madame Web], whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the spider world,” the description reads, according to Deadline. It’s unclear how closely the movie will follow the comic books. In the comics, Madame Web is a great help to Spider-Man since she can see the future.

Emma Roberts teased a bit about Madame Web in an Aug. 2022 interview with Entertainment Online. Emma said the movie has “a really, really unique cast and story.” The American Horror Story star also said she’s “really excited” to be involved in the superhero film.