• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

Here's the bomber 4, not my copy as I do have one, but a scan i picked up while watching a second auction end up going for 1.5x guide for the condition. I'll send the scan of my copy for better resolution if necessary. Just pm me.

965731-c1_1.jpg.04ef7c5900d6428044365d5ff8f4e7e0.jpg

is that Stalin? at that point in the war, Russia was on our side against the Nazis.

maybe it's the leader of Hungary or Romania or one of the other Axis allies, but i doubt that it's Stalin, despite what the OPG says

is that Stalin? at that point in the war, Russia was on our side against the Nazis.

maybe it's the leader of Hungary or Romania or one of the other Axis allies, but i doubt that it's Stalin, despite what the OPG says

The CGC seems to have taken the same view as Overstreet:

labels.jpg

I dug up an old photo on the web of Stalin, Complete with the shock of white hair on the right temple.

stalin.jpg

(Photo from web page http://www.stel.ru/stalin/joseph_1935-1953.htm)

Even then the Russians were no great friends of the US. As General George Patton said:

"We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore, their gasoline and ammunition supplies are low. I've seen their miserable supply trains; mostly wagons drawn by beaten up old horses or oxen. I'll say this; the Third Army alone with very little help and with damned few casualties, could lick what is left of the Russians in six weeks. You mark my words. Don't ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six million lives."

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Golden Age politics, fascinating! 893whatthe.gif

The comic is dated July 41 and Hitler invaded Russia on June 22. Prior to the invasion Germany and the Soviet Union were declared allies that had split up Poland. Furthermore, Russia had attacked Finland. So a comic artist working on May or June 41 could easily have put Stalin on the cover.