• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

I suppose that counts. It's not Golden Age...but what the heck!

West

I am covering the years from 1954 and earlier.

I didn't see that the first time, sorry. Don't compromise the list for that book. Put it in reserve for when you start the 1955-1969 list.

bumpit.gif

A pic and a question.

This Shadow has what you probably won't count as Hitler but more of a standard dictator type, even though there is an Hitler influence.

1200569-ShadowV6-7.jpg

My question is: what is the latest WWII appereance of Hitler on a cover? The question was prompted by the 1946 Shadow above. I am discounting appearance Hitler has in, say, T-Man which came later. So, which is the latest Hitler cover appearance?

1200569-ShadowV6-7.jpg.9189648132c33af721320f5977f65c20.jpg

bumpit.gif

A pic and a question.

This Shadow has what you probably won't count as Hitler but more of a standard dictator type, even though there is an Hitler influence.

My question is: what is the latest WWII appereance of Hitler on a cover? The question was prompted by the 1946 Shadow above. I am discounting appearance Hitler has in, say, T-Man which came later. So, which is the latest Hitler cover appearance?

The last World War 2 Hitler cover I know of is Marvel Mystery Comics #64 which is cover dated June 1945. The war ended 2 months later in August.

West

If you're counting photos, Arrow #3 has a photo of hitler on the cover.

Here's my copy. Definitely Hitler.

thearrow3.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Far and away the toughest of the run.

That would explain why I don't recall seeing this cover before. Very nice!

Thanks, I haven't spent a lot of time on boards. Can you tell me why my image didn't show up in the message itself?

Sure, here's how AdamStrange describes the process -

To display the attachment in your post you have to:

1. Add your post and attachment.

2. Click on the attachment link and copy the URL (web address)

3. Edit your post

4. Select Instant UBB Code "Image" (this will be below the text of your post)

5. Paste your web address into the box that pops up

5. Save your post.

You did step 1 and the image showed as an attachment. I went ahead and clicked on it to retrieve the URL to post it in my reply. Go ahead and try it and repost the image. It's easy once we've done it once.