• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,011 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, bshowell said:

A couple Fantastic Fours I just got back. 

20211115_133316.jpg

20211115_133300.jpg

not to harp on anything, great looking copies!

Are you going to send the "FF #15" back to correct the label? it should say Newsstand Edition, as it has a different price of $3.99, which the direct has a price of $2.99 :shy: 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, bshowell said:

I have about 20 CGC Graded copies of Fantastic Four and FF from the Hickman era, all of which are price variants and none of which say Newsstand Edition on the label. I don't specifically recall if I put newsstand on the CGC submission form for this issue but I usually do and they have never come back with that noted on the label. I never have luck with CGC and newsstand labels though, if you go back in this thread I'm the one who posted the pic of the Fantastic Four Unplugged/Untold Tales of Spider-Man flipbook which only existed on the newsstand and they sent it back to me as a regular issue of Fantastic Four Unplugged without even a note that Untold was in the back of it.

Screenshot_20211115-144325_CLZ Comics.jpg

That all does sound vaguely familiar. Like Ive asked that before, yet I understand how it is. I've only been successful in the few I've done them by sending them back. Sometimes its a hassle, then there is not a spot in the registry and so on.

And yes they sometimes make labels for slabs and then don't bother to add them to the optional drop down when submitting.

Anyway, CONGRATS! Just thought I'd ask. ;)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, bshowell said:

So two listings for ASM #365 just showed up on Mycomicshop.com. Both are CGC 9.8 but one is direct and one is newsstand. As you can see the newsstand is 3 times as much as the direct. Is this the current market or is this seller just crazy (it's a consignment so mycomicshop.com didn't set the price)? I've been collecting newsstands since the Hickman Era on Fantastic Four because it was easiest for me to get them at Barnes and Noble and I kinda got addicted to them. This was just the latest side by side example of how crazy this market has gotten (or an example of a seller who will never sell that item, we'll see)😄

Screenshot_20211110-070312_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

That seems excessive, but shooting for the stars sometimes works out.  This one sold for over $1K last month and newsstands from the 1980s were fairly common.  I'm not sure if I'm missing something on this book but wow on the final price.  I guess someone really wanted it.  

uxm243.PNG

On 11/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

I just got a large DC newsstand collection from late 2000s 2006-2009ish era I am looking forward
to processing out. I dont think any keys, but the issues are alot of later issues in runs which are 
tougher to find in newsstand at all.

Look for to seeing those.. Remember..

:thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics:

20211125_221949.thumb.jpg.faf3416a10e1b09f006bed52395dd74d.jpg

On 11/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, fastballspecial said:

High grade? I would keep the Exiles and Wolverine obvious reasons, but they will sell. The rest I think are like mid 90s
newsstands I think which are a little easier to find.

Very high grade.  I actually went through the rest of the box and found a ton of late wolverine 160-181 newsstands.  All NM/NM- Any ideas on how to price these as a set based off your experience?  Some crazy prices on the bay

Edited by Wolverinex

On 11/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, Wolverinex said:

20211125_221949.thumb.jpg.faf3416a10e1b09f006bed52395dd74d.jpg

Very high grade.  I actually went through the rest of the box and found a ton of late wolverine 160-181 newsstands.  All NM/NM- Any ideas on how to price these as a set based off your experience?  Some crazy prices on the bay

Unless it's a major first appearance modern key I'd sell now.. Newsstands sit for a long time and take a while to find the right buyer.. it's mainly cover art that sells.