• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Photo Report(s) - October 2019
5 5

211 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

For those of you who attend conventions, do you often find good deals?  I feel like all the great deals always happen in the first hour when the dealers buy up most of the stuff and then move it to their own booths

Selling before the doors open to the general public does happen to a certain extent.  However, there are still plenty of good books to be had and deals to be made.

Thanks for the pics. I was at this show on Friday overwhelming to sat the least what really was amazing was the amount of dealers who had $1 recent books and some as low as 50 cents (depending on how many you purchased. The sheer number of vendors. Maybe it’s because I live in buffalo ny and there is a report on one of our major cons in this  forum from blowupthemoon report which took place this weekend as well. it’s like night and day I’ll be back to this one for sure. Very enjoyable for sure

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  I've never been to a con that has this many comics...looks amazing.  The only one I"ve heard that is a ton of comics is HEROES Con in NC...

Heroes is basically the same size but with a bit more $1 booths and a bit less very high end dealers.  But in terms of total number of comic booths I'd say both are about the same and equally overwhelming.

7 hours ago, lordisam said:

Good lord.  Is that FOUR Amazing Fantasy 15's??? and three Tales of Suspense 39s??  Man, those guys don't mess around.

Gator defientely brings the goods but I'd say the Golden Age wall was even more impressive.  I think there was a couple Batman 1s in the upper corner.

Might also add a brief report with the original artwork of the Baltimore 2019 yearbook. This year’s theme is BlackSad, an animal character and many comic artists have contributed their artwork to be auctioned off. I was in the live auction last night and I had won one art print as I kind of liked the theme on there.  One of the art pieces was by Neal Adams and it went sold at $625, and many pieces went between $100-400 each. It was for a good charity in support.

It wasn’t until it dawned on me the purpose of the yearbooks each year at Baltimore Comic is to have artists sign in the yearbook, and the original artwork goes to the auction. Wished I had known that because few years ago was the Archie character! :tonofbricks:

Edited by Fan Boy

My buddy is nuts! He brought a box full of graphic novels,TPB books and a pair of my sore arms lugging it for him. :screwy:

i should sent a warning to our flight to be prepared for heavy weight in its luggage load. (: