• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

685 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 12:53 AM, divad said:

Great books, but 1981 is not the CA, and thus not really the point of this thread. :hi:

???

Of course it is! You could argue that some 1981 issues/titles aren't, but that would be a a specific argument and this is a general thread.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, Lazyboy said:

???

Of course it is! You could argue that some 1981 issues/titles aren't, but that would be a a specific argument and this is a general thread.

Uh, no, it isn't:

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!

Started by divad, October 25, 2019

:sumo: 

On 12/13/2021 at 1:53 AM, divad said:

Great books, but 1981 is not the CA, and thus not really the point of this thread. :hi:

On 12/13/2021 at 3:11 PM, Lazyboy said:

???

On a Mid 1981 book the point could be argued either way.

DC first differentiated between Direct Sale and Newsstands on their books cover dated October 1980. My opinion is if the DC book has UPC code after Oct 1980 it is Copper. Of course the delineation is fuzzy from Bronze to Copper but now you know my POV.

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/29/2021 at 10:26 AM, MAR1979 said:

DC first differentiated between Direct Sale and Newsstands on their books cover dated October 1980. My opinion is if the DC book has UPC code after Oct 1980 it is Copper. Of course the delineation is fuzzy from Bronze to Copper but now you know my POV.

Yep, but that doesn't take into consideration a wide variety of factors (which have been discussed on a number of very popular threads over the years.) I happen to look at it from a change in artistic expression in the format, coinciding with a change in production methods and measures, similar to what occurred between the SA and the BA, rather than how many associate that change merely with the jump from the 12 cents covers, or the introduction of Conan the Barbarian vis-a-vis superheroes (or addressing relevant social issues like GL 76.) A topic worthy of discussion . . . but inapplicable here. :bigsmile: (No offense intended.) :peace: