• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, MAR1979 said:

Another popped up. There are only a few comics that remind me of my Dad, this is one of them. I do miss him.

This was first month DC differentiated between Newsstand vs Direct Sale.  They must have printed tons of the Direct version this first month. Not saying this newsstand is "rare" but from my observations it's lower in population.  I do wonder if Jim Starlin thought this cover would be so remembered over 40 years later? It an excellent cover, but of course that's not the reason it's remembered.

DCP26F.thumb.jpg.5ab5af969e518971053395dca8496a98.jpg

^^

Great Pick-Up :) the movies of the Teen Titans were mind-numbing lol but the comics are great!

On 10/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, valiantman said:

The seasons develop a bit slow but I do enjoy the show, looking forward to it each week, and wish there were more episodes per season.

The take on the characters differs from the comics, of course so too did both Cartoon series'.

IMHO Raven and Wonder Girl are excellent. Also love Blackfire.  Casting, scripting, for Jason Todd was perfect they found someone who I dislike in the same way as I did in the late 1980's comics.  Sure wish Cyborg wasn't hiding out with Doom Patrol.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/27/2021 at 5:53 AM, Parabellum said:

Picked up this gem off a recent sales thread.  Finally finished up this run in newsstand 9.8’s.

4089EBC7-DCF1-4931-8C03-66657AEDEF0B.jpeg

Awesome! Weren't you going for Canadian price as well, or is that already wrapped up and under the tree 🎄 of yesteryear?

On 10/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! Weren't you going for Canadian price as well, or is that already wrapped up and under the tree 🎄 of yesteryear?

Yes sir I’m going for those as well.  I need a #1 and #3 of the CPV’s and a #3 signature series copy to complete a SS, direct, newsstand and CPV 9.8 run.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, Parabellum said:

Yes sir I’m going for those as well.  I need a #1 and #3 of the CPV’s and a #3 signature series copy to complete a SS, direct, newsstand and CPV 9.8 run.

I think you can scratch the CPV #1 off the list. CPV's were produced from 10/82 thru 08/86. :hi:

On 11/1/2021 at 5:21 AM, Lpgk said:

I bought a large collection from a kid that was stationed overseas. Apparently the base where he bought his comics only stocked newsies. These are just a few that are notable. I have about 2 long boxes left of copper NS. 

image.jpg

These Green Lantern issues aren't newsstands - but the other photos you showed are.  Just making sure you know how to recognize the difference. :foryou:

ns_v_de_right.png.c88831c6abd07b3f4c3e78a7f57c0781.png

Edited by valiantman

On 11/1/2021 at 6:35 AM, valiantman said:

These Green Lantern issues aren't newsstands - but the other photos you showed are.  Just making sure you know how to recognize the difference. :foryou:

ns_v_de_right.png.c88831c6abd07b3f4c3e78a7f57c0781.png

Yeah, you're right. Sorry I think those snuck in the wrong box somehow.