• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, ThothAmon said:

Double dragon was a kick butt arcade game in the day. (Think Blip)

yes indeed. I remember playing with my pastor, at the Stop and Go! ........................ bunch of quarters!

I could never conquer the jump, it was timing issue. 

I still have it on Nintendo thank God! It's fun.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 2/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, ThothAmon said:

Double dragon was a kick butt arcade game in the day. (Think Blip)

yes indeed. I remember playing with my pastor, at the Stop and Go! ........................ bunch of quarters!

I could never conquer the jump, it was timing issue. 

I still have it on Nintendo thank God! It's fun.

It would have been a perfect game if there was only a "run" option. 

Double Dragon Gif GIFs | Tenor

On 2/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, ThothAmon said:

Lots of great ones but I probably spent the most time on Defender and Asteroids. Most quarters on Space Invaders. In defender a quarter lasted a long time. 

Pacman was a little before my time, but equally as enjoyable :) 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, ThothAmon said:
On 2/14/2022 at 10:51 AM, valiantman said:

a perfect game

Lots of great ones but I probably spent the most time on Defender and Asteroids. Most quarters on Space Invaders. In defender a quarter lasted a long time. 

I was talking about the Nintendo version of Double Dragon.  I sat there in front of the screen for many hours, and the only wish I had was that the players could run. :D

On 2/14/2022 at 11:56 AM, valiantman said:

I was talking about the Nintendo version of Double Dragon.  I sat there in front of the screen for many hours, and the only wish I had was that the players could run. :D

That's what I initially enjoyed about the army or Modern warfare games, the running. In the end holding down the button forever, either breaks the controller or it "can get old." lol Idk. It can be a bit fun earning stuff like perks. In the end, it's the comradery. :shy: