• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, MetalPSI said:

Am I allowed to have a preference? Never have I said people are stupid to collect what they collect 

I've only said my opinions 

Don't get on your high horse, here. Of course you're entitled to your opinion! But so is everyone else.:cheers::slapfight:

I remember buying a couple of those Grendels at the 7-11 on the corner of Rosecrans and Hawthorne Blvd in Hawthorne, CA when they were new, so they would've looked just like those. I haven't looked at my Grendels in a long time, but I might still have those same UPC issues. Comico had some pretty good newsstand distribution for a minute there. There are lots of 7-11s in the South Bay and most of them had a big rack of comics in the mid to late 80's. 

On 3/23/2023 at 7:50 AM, icp004 said:

The labels on CGC graded copies state that direct editions contain spider-man cards.  Is that true or did NS editions also have them?  This issue does. 

I don't have a copy of that issue, but I do have multiple other Newsstands with that insert. (shrug)