• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

685 posts in this topic

A Question?
-What timeframe do Newsstand copies overtake Direct editions in terms of desire?

It seems to me that earlier direct editions may be harder to come by, not sure. (shrug) 
I think that Dazzler #1 was the first Direct Edition copy produced by Marvel in 1981.. So would for example..A copy of Marvel Tails #1 ( 1st Spider-Ham -late 1983) in Direct Edition be less produced than a newsstand version? 
—Please don’t crucify me for asking, I’m trying to understand the newsstand craze. :foryou:

B571C811-0AAF-4C86-9756-C34B66920259.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Spider-Ham

5 hours ago, nepatkm said:

-What timeframe do Newsstand copies overtake Direct editions in terms of desire?

Who knows?

It seems to me that earlier direct editions may be harder to come by, not sure. (shrug) 

The earliest ones, for sure.

I think that Dazzler #1 was the first Direct Edition copy produced by Marvel

First Direct-only issue.

So would for example..A copy of Marvel Tails #1 ( 1st Spider-Ham -late 1983) in Direct Edition be less produced than a newsstand version? 

I'm sure the print run for that issue favored Newsstands. Distribution almost certainly also favored Newsstands.

—Please don’t crucify me for asking, I’m trying to understand the newsstand craze.

Good luck. It's mostly based on insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who believe the most ridiculous hype, lies, misinformation and faulty logic.

6 hours ago, nepatkm said:

A Question?

I think that Dazzler #1 was the first Direct Edition copy produced by Marvel in 1981.. So would for example..A copy of Marvel Tails #1 ( 1st Spider-Ham -late 1983) in Direct Edition be less produced than a newsstand version? 
—Please don’t crucify me for asking, I’m trying to understand the newsstand craze. :foryou:

B571C811-0AAF-4C86-9756-C34B66920259.jpeg

You've got some great value there either way! (thumbsu

Edited by divad

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

It's mostly based on insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who believe the most ridiculous hype, lies, misinformation and faulty logic.

Tell us how you really think . . . lol