• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Undiscovered Country #1 Variants
2 2

66 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, McCaw1980 said:

I own these 2 so far...…… and a bunch of the variants are on the way to my house but i'll have to hunt down the few i'm missing from this list.

I guess i'm just looking for confirmation i'm not stupid for buying these..... Anyone?

foil.jpg

blacknwhite.jpg

MAJOR MOTION PICTURE DEAL,

SO NO YOU ARE GOOD.

BESIDES,  COLLECT WHAT YOU LIKE.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, The Brain said:

:whatthe:     Wow, issue #2's last panel was a total shock!!!

I said the same thing. I'm thinking since they were after him since he was a little boy HE IS THE KEY. Guess we'll see. 

1 hour ago, McCaw1980 said:

I said the same thing. I'm thinking since they were after him since he was a little boy HE IS THE KEY. Guess we'll see. 

Any luck on an ash-can?

Will you show us what you have at some time?

Thanks, and good hunting. 

On 12/18/2019 at 12:46 PM, The Brain said:

Any luck on an ash-can?

Will you show us what you have at some time?

Thanks, and good hunting. 

Yes sir i have a perfect copy getting ready to get sent to CGC. I'll take a picture for you. 

I have also obtained every single variant cover and will be submitting all of those to get graded as well. I'll make a huge post once i get everything back and in order.  

ashcan.jpg

16 minutes ago, McCaw1980 said:

Yes sir i have a perfect copy getting ready to get sent to CGC. I'll take a picture for you. 

I have also obtained every single variant cover and will be submitting all of those to get graded as well. I'll make a huge post once i get everything back and in order.  

ashcan.jpg

:whatthe:

:whee:

:golfclap:

Well guys I turned in 95% of the variants listed above to CGC to get graded this morning. I think i'm missing 5 or less? I also turned the Ashcan in as well. (first one on the list in the picture) and the Galaxy Con which for some reason is super hard to find. Here's hoping they both get 9.8's. 

I had a few that showed up damaged and not worthy of sending in so i'm on the hunt for those now. 

Variant Covers.jpg

Edited by McCaw1980

On 11/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, McCaw1980 said:

Undiscovered Country #1 Comic Odyssey Philippines Exclusive Cover LE 500

Philippines.jpg

I'm planning to update the first post soon with all known variants of the first prints.  I wish CGC would have stuck to noting all of these as Variant Cover A, B, C, etc. instead of noting the cover letter for some and not others.  That is how I will note them in the original post moving forward.

Was the Jetpack exclusive hard for you to find in NM+ shape?  I ordered three copies from them and had to send all of them back.  Each had numerous defects, and the retailer was not very friendly about the return.

No the first Jetpack I got was flawless as far as I could tell. Maybe I got really lucky? I'll make a huge post once they all come in. Heck maybe I will be very disappointed.... I sure hope I get a bunch of 9.8's though. Time will tell. Should get them in 2 to 3 months i'm guessing?

3 minutes ago, McCaw1980 said:

No the first Jetpack I got was flawless as far as I could tell. Maybe I got really lucky? I'll make a huge post once they all come in. Heck maybe I will be very disappointed.... I sure hope I get a bunch of 9.8's though. Time will tell. Should get them in 2 to 3 months i'm guessing?

Good luck with the submissions!  Those Philippines books that I had were very nice, so I'm hoping yours does well.  I'm pretty sure you got your copy from me :)  I recognize the last name.