• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN show (2021?)
2 2

90 posts in this topic

Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Titans, Doom Patrol) announced today at the HBO Max WarnerMedia Day two new projects in the works exclusively for the new streaming platform—Strange Adventures and a Green Lantern inspired series.

“Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Greg Berlanti. “An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet.”

Strange Adventures, a DC Super Hero anthology series executive produced by Berlanti, will feature characters from across the DC canon. This one-hour drama series will explore close-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans. Strange Adventures is based on the characters from DC and is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Berlanti, Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Titans, Doom Patrol), and showrunner/writer John Stephens (Gotham, Gossip Girl) serve as executive producers. Charlie Huston (Powers, Gotham) is a co-executive producer, Brigitte Hales (Once Upon a Time) is a producer, and Selwyn Seyfu Hinds (Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child, The Twilight Zone) is a consulting producer.

The Green Lantern inspired series, based on the characters from the iconic DC comic, will come from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Edited by Bosco685

WarnerMedia Entertainment rolled out details of their upcoming streaming service HBO Max today, and DC fans were thrilled to learn the service’s lineup of new series includes Green Lantern, a sci-fi superhero show that replaces a previously planned film series for the intergalactic space cops.

The series will be produced by Greg Berlanti, who developed and oversees a host of other DC Comics live-action series on the CW and DC Universe, including Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, Titans, Doom Patrol, and Stargirl.

Geoff Johns has been developing a Green Lantern film project for the past couple of years. It is currently unclear if the new HBO Max series will be separate from Johns’ project, or if the film project has evolved into a streaming series. Johns authored the most acclaimed stories of the Green Lantern comics’ history, and his work is widely regarded as the best and definitive work on the characters.

19 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

i hope this can be done well on a tv series budget.

Since he is the same producer of Doom Patrol, Titans (Season 2 is killing it) and Young Justice: Outsides, I have hope.

That’s seems cool - will be happy to see Deadman and Animal Man - however if it’s anything like the present DC TV Series .... I’m out . I always felt that the Green Lantern movie wasn’t as BAD as people made it out to be , was it disjointed ? Yes - was it rushed ? Yes . I believe the tried to do too much in a single film , however Mark Strong was fantastic as Sinestro .Guardians of the Galaxy IMO sets the blueprint for how to introduce a comic book environment meshed with multiple planets .

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

That’s seems cool - will be happy to see Deadman and Animal Man - however if it’s anything like the present DC TV Series .... I’m out .

Not that you need to like them, but have you watched Doom Patrol or Titans on DC Universe? They are fantastic.

I think the issue with the CW shows is they follow a traditional 22-23 episode run which drags stories out too far compared to the 10-13 episode streaming format. The latter forces the shows to dive right in and get things moving.

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not that you need to like them, but have you watched Doom Patrol or Titans on DC Universe? They are fantastic.

I think the issue with the CW shows is they follow a traditional 22-23 episode run which drags stories out too far compared to the 10-13 episode streaming format. The latter forces the shows to dive right in and get things moving.

I haven’t , I’ll make a note to though . As far as I’m concerned the best thing coming out of DC is the animated movies - most of those are pretty damn good 

40 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I haven’t , I’ll make a note to though . As far as I’m concerned the best thing coming out of DC is the animated movies - most of those are pretty damn good 

Young Justice has been amazing as well going into its fourth season now.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Good. The only way this will work is if they go Battlestar Galactica-style.

I have no idea what the budget was on that show, but watching it on a (very) big screen TV 15+ years ago was the most "cinematic" experience I've had on the small screen prior to Game of Thrones.

8 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Good. The only way this will work is if they go Battlestar Galactica-style.

I have no idea what the budget was on that show, but watching it on a (very) big screen TV 15+ years ago was the most "cinematic" experience I've had on the small screen prior to Game of Thrones.

I purchased all four seasons recently and am already up to Season 3. This show still stands out as spectacular. :headbang: