• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HollyJollyOne said:

Sign-up has ended. Thanks to everyone.

PMs will begin to roll-out tomorrow around 11am and everyone who signed up will have their Secret Santa info before the end of tomorrow evening.

Awesome! Let the spying (nope!)... cyber stalking, but for a really good reason (still too creepy!) shopping (sigh... I guess that works) begin!

I signed up last year even though it was a very different financial period at the end of a very difficult personal year. I didn't have resources to buy much, so I sent the one comic I had that fit the person's interests. And from the still active boardie, what did I hear back for thanks...nothing. So nah, not interested this year.

It's weird. I remember who got me stuff last year. AND WHILE I do remember the person I gave gifts to being satisfied and one of the first to post pics, I can't for the life of me think of his boardie name..... :eek: EEK!

I wish all participants this year love and peace, and enjoy the best you can! :headbang: 

I'll patiently await the raffle :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

18 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I signed up last year even though it was a very different financial period at the end of a very difficult personal year. I didn't have resources to buy much, so I sent the one comic I had that fit the person's interests. And from the still active boardie, what did I hear back for thanks...nothing. So nah, not interested this year.

Dang, sorry to hear that

41 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

This is the the one thing I’d like to stress.  It’s happened to me more than once too, I’m afraid. I know people are busy, blah blah blah... but PLEASE... people put time and effort into picking out something they think you’d like.  Some people go way over the top, even.  Some people hit home runs, some people hit singles... doesn’t matter. Heck, some people (SADLY) do NOT put much effort into what they select.  REGARDLESS you don’t know when you get your gift how much effort someone put into it, but you should assume they put a lot of effort into it and respond accordingly by thanking them immediately upon opening and wishing them a happy holidays.  It’s why we’re doing this, after all.

Sorry if that came off all lecture-y.  I just have seen a bunch of hurt feeling over this and that makes me sad at the holidays!  Especially when there’s no reason for it and such an easy fix.

56 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

He did post it in the reveal thread from last year's Gift Exchange

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/444108-reveal-thread-official-2018-cgc-chat-boards-holiday-gift-exchange/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-10500824

Maybe you missed it.

19 minutes ago, fmaz said:

This is the the one thing I’d like to stress.  It’s happened to me more than once too, I’m afraid. I know people are busy, blah blah blah... but PLEASE... people put time and effort into picking out something they think you’d like.  Some people go way over the top, even.  Some people hit home runs, some people hit singles... doesn’t matter. Heck, some people (SADLY) do NOT put much effort into what they select.  REGARDLESS you don’t know when you get your gift how much effort someone put into it, but you should assume they put a lot of effort into it and respond accordingly by thanking them immediately upon opening and wishing them a happy holidays.  It’s why we’re doing this, after all.

Sorry if that came off all lecture-y.  I just have seen a bunch of hurt feeling over this and that makes me sad at the holidays!  Especially when there’s no reason for it and such an easy fix.

Its just good manners. You don't like what you got? You still say thank you. Go complain to your dog. 

I think the vast majority of people have a good experience. I know some boardies have definitely had a string of bad luck and that sucks. But this is a great event and I hope everyone walks away happy. 

15 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I did. And now I feel bad. But I’m still out. :sorry:

9 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:
26 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I did. And now I feel bad. But I’m still out. :sorry:

:foryou: it's all good :) have a merry one! I'm looking forward to the results even though I'm not participating either, but just to wish everyone a merry one! :tink: 

I'm broke lol it's the only "gift" that I can bring ha :shy: 

All PMs have been sent.... all 80 of them... eight, zero... 80.  :ohnoez:

If you didn't receive one or need clarification on something, let me know and I'll do my best.

If you need help shopping, contact @skypinkblu. She lives to serve the frustrated shopper. lol

20 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Looks like I got a pretty cool recipient B|

GOOD! Hopefully you don't mind meeting him in a dark alley! I mean err, that his interests are up your alley! Umm Err that he's easy to shop for, ya lets go with that! :headbang: 

Spread the Holiday Cheer Y'all! :)